3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

PPE Dual Fueler install.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPE Dual Fueler install.......

Just a teaser for now....

I will be posting some pictures later.

Not done with the install as of yet.....
Old 04-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

That's not cool man.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:43 PM

Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Well today I finally started on what I thought would be a long project....and I was right.
The PPE Dual Fueler system is a nice setup. Directions are very specific and clear (if you have the Duramax pump setup). I opted for the Dodge pump on top which might have been a mistake since their kit was designed with the Duramax pump in mind.

Well so far I have ran into the usual pain in the neck difficulties that I usually come across with this kind of project.
The belt on this dude is now 6 feet tall (total 12' long!!). I knew first off I would have to either pull the damper or loosen up the fan pulley mount so I could have clearance to remove the belt and re-install the new one (this is a must if you have a Fluidampr).
Complicating matters further with the belt system is my DSS and Front Hidden Hitch. These items make it alot tougher to get at things from under the truck which is a must when doing the belt.

One more problem I ran into is the fuel line supplied with the PPE displayed some interference with the Banks Technicooler/High ram intake when installed.
I had to do some Hilljack engineering and rebend the line a bit to my liking but it still rubbed the intake a bit so I decided I would grind off the BANKS raised lettering to keep the two from rubbing on each other.

The PPE is designed with the stock fuel system in place. Of course my truck is duck taped together so I am having to retrofit some old parts to get this system up and running.

I worked for 8 hours so far today and will probably invest another 4 hours tomorrow. Hopefully it runs well when it gets done!

The pictures of above depict some fitting and positioning. I am going through the process of getting all the fuel lines to fit correctly (high and low pressure).

2 pumps sure do look KEWL!!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:10 PM

I did manage to take my intake tube off the A5K and all looks to be well (knock on wood!).
Surprisingly after last years pulling season the Aurora 5000 is still as tight as new and no chips or deformation of the compressor wheel.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel

I did manage to take my intake tube off the A5K and all looks to be well (knock on wood!).
Surprisingly after last years pulling season the Aurora 5000 is still as tight as new and no chips or deformation of the compressor wheel.
There's some good new at least!! Man that's a big ole charger!

Chris
Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 PM

I remember someone posting that this was a one hour install in the driveway...If it takes Justin 12 hours it would take me 24hours. I'm sure it will crank hard when its all together. Can't wait to hear and see the results from the next pull...The clutch is new if I remember....Add in Toopid Smarty and you will be crazy strong. ks
Old 04-28-2007, 06:52 PM

Kerry,
Yeah thats funny how many can do things so fast...
I think there is alot of fibbing when it comes to job completion times on the internet. No one wants to say "it took me ALL DAY!"

I could go fast through things and take shortcuts but I really dont like to do that because they always come back to bite you in the rear.....like during the middle of sledpull.

Yeah I think I will have the fuel issue solved for now. Hopefully I have enough air for my heavy towing habit.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Super nice justin!!!!

Cant wait to see it pull!!

Wes
Old 04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
DTR's "Secret Agent"

Nice install Justin, I hope it all works out great for ya. Im ready to see ya in action. Should be a fun pull year
Old 04-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Banned

Justin,

Check this post out.. Something to look out for!

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...d.php?t=181351

Shane
Old 04-29-2007, 04:06 AM

those are some good pics justin.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good so far!

Does the kit come with the same size drive pulley as stock?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 AM

A5k

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel

Don't let Cquestad drive your truck,... he ate an A5k and their almost indestructable.

Nice write up. Well done.

Last edited by OT-OF-Here; 04-29-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 04-29-2007, 10:32 AM

The mileage on Justin's truck is measured 330feet at a time...Rode hard and put away pampered. With all that fuel the turbo will have a little more of a work out ....as will the clutch and driveline...I can't wait to see the videos. ks

Quick Reply: PPE Dual Fueler install.......