3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

PPE Dual fueler with high rail pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my Industrial Injection Stage 2 CP3. Rail pressure will randomly spike to 23k for 30 seconds to 30 minutes. PO193 code & the injectors are not happy during the spike, but it is drivable. Happens at idle, freeway cruising, anytime; nothing really causes it or makes it stop. I bought a replacement FCA from II to try, as I can't send the whole CP3 back without renting a car to drive while the truck is down. I'll post results when it's installed. Good luck with your dual kit!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
O.T

well I might put a stock FCA in the modded pump and see what happens.
Hopefully its not the PPE electronics!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

IMO, what you're seeing is completely normal. Having duals isn't like running a single pump. They're there to supply fuel and that they do.

You right in that you don't want to go around running really high RP all the time but, to ramp up to 20K is nothing. That's my average psi. It varies a lot... just depends on where the peddles at.

Some Smarty softwares cause RP to hang and cause ( in my truck anyway ) to run 10K at idle. I avoid those softwares but what I do run, I see, 7K to 8K @ idle, 15K to 20K cruising and 22K to 27.5K @ WOT.

You've install twice what your truck had before and even more I guess since you have a modded pump too. All that is feeding the rail and you may not be getting rid of it fast enough. Larger injectors may help ?

The only thing the PPE box does is split the signal coming from the ECM. The way to check if it's working along with a couple other things is to check the actual and demanded psi. They should be the same or very close.... if not, the box could be bad or you could possibly have a bad TPS.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah I have heard of modded pumps causing som issues in dual set ups. Not all but some. Thats why I opted to sell my stage 2 and run 2 stockers. I wasnt happy cause I lost some cash in the deal, and I also lost one nice pump, but I have had no issues with my PPE kit.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 AM

zero issues running PPE dual cp3 kit for over 2+ years & still running the same very first dodge tested beta ppe kit without any problems

OT your problem is most likely not a result of bad PPE electronics
Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by JStieger
I've never had good luck with the modded FCA's on modded pumps. They always go TU with no notice and whenever they went TU it was always to high rail pressure. I would then replace the modded FCA with a stock FCA and had no more issues.

Perhaps you are getting some weird stuff going on with the dual CP3 electronics in that they were designed to work with 2 stock FCA's in terms of the manipulation (split) of the communication to the FCA(s)? Perhaps you could put a stock FCA on the modded pump to see what happens?
May I ask what kind of modded pumps and fca's you were having problems with? I've got a stage 2 floor-it pump with whatever they do to the FCA and I don't want issues with it. It's our tow-rig.

I've never heard that before, thats why I ask...

Thanks!

Chad
Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by onetun
well I might put a stock FCA in the modded pump and see what happens.
Hopefully its not the PPE electronics!
What kind of rail gauge are you using? I have a Quad RPG, and a Dipricol... The Dipricol doesn't seem to work right with my Duel Fueler, but the Quad ones seems to be more accurate.