3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Power upgrade for 04 ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power upgrade for 04 ram

Hello,

I Have had this o4 dodge for about 6 months now and I am ready to do some light bombing. I have looked at all kinds of chips and programmers. I am not trying to be biased. I just want an honest opinion. I was wondering what seems to work best with these new trucks. Little background my wife drives it most of the time. and it pull a few horses/cattle and some equipment every once in a while. I do plan on putting guages at the same time i do the chip. I was looking at a quadzilla Xillaradier. I had a puck in my 2000 and i liked the fact that it could easily be unplugged for dealer service work. These dealers here in Las Cruces are real @#$@%$ about upgrades. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks TY
Old 04-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by zspear1
Hello,

I Have had this o4 dodge for about 6 months now and I am ready to do some light bombing. I have looked at all kinds of chips and programmers. I am not trying to be biased. I just want an honest opinion. I was wondering what seems to work best with these new trucks. Little background my wife drives it most of the time. and it pull a few horses/cattle and some equipment every once in a while. I do plan on putting guages at the same time i do the chip. I was looking at a quadzilla Xillaradier. I had a puck in my 2000 and i liked the fact that it could easily be unplugged for dealer service work. These dealers here in Las Cruces are real @#$@%$ about upgrades. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks TY

If you want something similar to your puck then look at the XZT boxes. If you want a little more than that and you want to be able to adjust it then the 100hp box will work great for what you are looking for.

Also if you want gauges you can look at our new monitor. It gives you some features that analog gauges don't and they are priced comparably, or we are cheaper depending on how many gauges you want to buy.

You can check all of this out here:

www.quadzillapower.com

Also there are many sponsors on here and the DTR store that you can buy from.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:37 PM

Edge juice. Great power with no increase in rail pressure. Also, a lot of protection features.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

The Quad products work really nice and we haven't had any major problems with them. The XZT works great for a mileage/towing box and the Xzillaraider works great if you want it to be adjustable and have a little more. The van Aaken products also work very well. Either the van Aaken C3.1 or the C3.2 would work very well also.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Banned

bd x tuner

not sure if you want something cab ajustible friendly but my dad has a 04.5 and we put the dr. performance 100 horse on there and were not pleased with it, so i got him the bd x tuner and it is great. has 4 tunes in it and the last one is an extreme tune that gives 150 and i really think it gives very close if not all of that. really good tuner and havent had one prblem with it.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:23 PM

I agree with the above. XZT for towing and for a little extra kick. I ran this box for awhile and egt's stayed pretty low while towing. This to me is a great bang for the buck and a nice little starter box. If you have more to spend and want more power the Juice/Attitude combo is an excellent choice. It has some dandy safty features, plus you would have your guages taken care of. It is upgradable to the "hot" Juice so down then line when you want more you can have it with a simple upgrade.