3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Power Puck

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Puck

I am thinking about buying a power puck (by itself) but haven't used one since my 01. What do yall think about them now with the adjustable power settings. I had the Edge Juice with Attitude in my 06 but really don't want to spend the $900 for it again.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Puck by itself doesn't do a whole lot. I like it in combination with the predator so I can give the injectors a break.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by cameroneod
Puck by itself doesn't do a whole lot. I like it in combination with the predator so I can give the injectors a break.
Ok help me out here,,, what does the predator do to help?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by DODGE4X4
I am thinking about buying a power puck (by itself) but haven't used one since my 01. What do yall think about them now with the adjustable power settings. I had the Edge Juice with Attitude in my 06 but really don't want to spend the $900 for it again.

Well if you want one you might thing bout buying the diablo pred combo for a few more doolars.you can get both for $378.

the puck is a good tow or to get a bit more hp out of you engine but if you want alot of performance you might want to get the pred to.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by DODGE4X4
Ok help me out here,,, what does the predator do to help?
its a presure box.uses fuel pressure to make power with no timing added.harder on the fuel system if you run it on the higher settings alot.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigcat83
Well if you want one you might thing bout buying the diablo pred combo for a few more doolars.you can get both for $378.

the puck is a good tow or to get a bit more hp out of you engine but if you want allot of performance you might want to get the pred to.
I'm just gun shy about the programer, I tried a power pup on my 06 and the truck wouldn't start for 2 days. I also don't want the dealer to know I have been playing around with the computer. I tow very heavy about once a week, what kind of EGT's are you seeing with it on tow??
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 PM

I've seen several posts of high egts when running the higher settings of the predator. I haven't really seen anybody comment on the temps with just the puck though. My temps stay nice and low but I have a bigger turbo too.
I ran the puck by itself for a few days. It gives you a nice boost of low end power but doesn't feel that strong on the top end. It's definitely worth it for the low price though.......
Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I've seen several posts of high egts when running the higher settings of the predator. I haven't really seen anybody comment on the temps with just the puck though. My temps stay nice and low but I have a bigger turbo too.
I ran the puck by itself for a few days. It gives you a nice boost of low end power but doesn't feel that strong on the top end. It's definitely worth it for the low price though.......
Have you had any trouble with the Preditor?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 PM

Ya, I've had a couple of minor issues. Let me preface by saying that I have not downloaded the newest revision which is supposed to clear up one of my issues.
I was going down the highway w/ the cruise set at 70mph going to Virginia Beach to have my OFE clutch installed. I got about 80 miles down the road and all of a sudden the truck started bucking like it was out of fuel and a CEL came on. I tapped the brake and slowed down some and the issue went away. That was a few weeks ago and has not happened since. That was a common issue and is the thing that apparently has been fixed with the newest software.

My other issue occurs when running on the Non-stack Extreme RKL tune. The truck just feels awesome on that tune and that's where I made the numbers in my sig. Unfortunately after riding down the highway for an hour or two and then shutting the truck off, when I restart it I get an instant CEL and the truck makes less than stock power and won't build any boost. Kind of like it has gone into limp mode. If I take the Predator and clear the codes then the truck runs perfectly fine. This issue has only happened twice and I'm not that concerned about it yet because the truck still runs and it clears easily enough. The guys at Diablosport don't know what to make of this as they have not had any other complaints of this issue. I just got my Quad Rail Pressure guage today and hopefully that will help me diagnose this better.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Ya, I've had a couple of minor issues. Let me preface by saying that I have not downloaded the newest revision which is supposed to clear up one of my issues.
I was going down the highway w/ the cruise set at 70mph going to Virginia Beach to have my OFE clutch installed. I got about 80 miles down the road and all of a sudden the truck started bucking like it was out of fuel and a CEL came on. I tapped the brake and slowed down some and the issue went away. That was a few weeks ago and has not happened since. That was a common issue and is the thing that apparently has been fixed with the newest software.

My other issue occurs when running on the Non-stack Extreme RKL tune. The truck just feels awesome on that tune and that's where I made the numbers in my sig. Unfortunately after riding down the highway for an hour or two and then shutting the truck off, when I restart it I get an instant CEL and the truck makes less than stock power and won't build any boost. Kind of like it has gone into limp mode. If I take the Predator and clear the codes then the truck runs perfectly fine. This issue has only happened twice and I'm not that concerned about it yet because the truck still runs and it clears easily enough. The guys at Diablosport don't know what to make of this as they have not had any other complaints of this issue. I just got my Quad Rail Pressure guage today and hopefully that will help me diagnose this better.
Thanks for the help.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:32 PM

I had tried the PUCK for awhile and experimented with the JUICE off. You can definitly feel it down low, but once your moving at speed it didn't seem to do very much. It also felt a tad bit on the rough side when used by itself.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 PM

Have you thought about a quad box the xzt 65hp fixed or with recon 30,65hp or the standard 30,60,100hp module and you get boost fooling which will help with egts
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by quadman20
Have you thought about a quad box the xzt 65hp fixed or with recon 30,65hp or the standard 30,60,100hp module and you get boost fooling which will help with egts

I'm not a big fan of Quad, I have it down to either the Predator/Puck or spend the $$ and get the Juice/Attitude so I get the guages and no pressure.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Thats cool just thought I'd thow them out there. I'm not big fan of edge. Life great becauce we have right to choose. I think you'll like the puck. Not sure with Preditor thought I shied away do to it wipes out key counts not good when you go in for warranty work.
Get the puck and a boost fooler B&D or quad and you'll be good,oh and gauges don't forget those.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:06 AM

hoiw about a smarty arnt they sa'post to be undetecable at the dealer

Quick Reply: Power Puck