3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

power box ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what about the edge?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by cgsafaris
sorry I'm not to good with this computer stuff but i just got back from the houston drag strip and wand to spend some money know i new this was going to happen if i went to the races the truck is a 2004 auto all i have done to it is put a air raid air filter and a less restrictive air pipe on it. i plan on putting a good muffler to let it breath better and get that big truck sound. i would like to put a valve body and converter to help the trany out. i do pull some small trailer once in a while but mostly it's just a everyday driver. i just want as much black smoke i can get and be able to burn some ricers and save as much fuel on trips as i can. the truck only has 25000 miles on it so the warranty is another big issue i don't want lose it by putting a box on. thanks for the help
Technically, adding any type or box or programmer can void your warranty. What most do is remove the box/programmer from there truck before going to the dealer, then they lie through their teeth when asked if they have a power adder .

Black smoke and good fuel economy don't go together. What makes black smoke is excess fuel blowing out the exhaust. So don't expect better mileage if you like to blow the black smoke .

If you haven't already, check out the Quadzilla Xzillaraider and Commander. That's what I'm running and I'm really happy with it.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:46 PM

Same

I was going to post the same as mentioned above. You cannot have black smoke and fuel millage (unless you think milage is single digets) Black smoke is unburnt fuel, so it won't help much. I would much rather have a truck next to mine blowing smoke, while I'm out in front. If you can burn the fuel that's in the cylinder your making more power. The old rule if you had two identical trucks with the same chip, the one with the larger turbo will win, more fuel is more power, more air with that fuel means even more.

Qaud makes some nice adjustible boxes, I had the race and loved it.