3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Post your audio setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine IVA-D300 Head unit
Sirius Radio Alpine Direct Connect
Alpine TV Tuner
Alpine iPOD Interface
Alpine 6x9 Type S
Alpine 6.5 Type S
12' Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub
Alpine 650 watt Mono Amp
Alpine 250 watt 4ch Amp
Custom Center console Sub Enclosure

System Sounds great and Hits Very Well, ill post pics later when i take some shots!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

I have no pic's yet but I have a small pile of Soundstream amps, AudioControl thingies, and some no longer made speakers I need to replace as I can not find any matching speakers for the rear. I just need to build a custom box for the Velvet Hammer woofer I have sitting next to the pile.

Never got around to installing it in the 04.5 but I will find the time to get this stuff into my new 06.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:30 AM

can someone actually photoshop this JVC headunit and the flip out screen headunit on this truck:

Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by VikingDiesel
can someone actually photoshop this JVC headunit and the flip out screen headunit on this truck:

Im just gonna say it..the 3" screen SUCKS!! My buddy has the little 3incher in his jeep because the A/C vents are blocked by a flip up. He said it was the biggest mistake... I think its terrible, you cant see *$#(%.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:20 AM

I couldn't photoshop your pic so I posted a pic of my in-dash set up.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you are in for a dilema here. the 1.5 din stuff is horible to work around looks wise. you can do the adapters and flip ups but they don't look oem. they look like abs adapters.

I don't like the flip up units so I would proably just do that jvc unit or find something similar. I have tried to like the flip up unit's but I just don't. the screen size is not huge though. then again if it has an output you could run it to a larger rear monitor as well. have the small view up in the cab and a larger view for the back seat.

if you had an 06 you would be set. pioneer and eclipse both make sweet double din units.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:29 AM

Here’s mine:
Eclipse 8533
Audio Control EQS
Diamond Audio D5600.4
Dynaudio MD-100 (A-pillar), MW-170 (front doors), MW-150 (rear doors)
JL Audio 500/1
JL Audio Stealth Box (single 10” under rear seat)
All cabling/wiring is Lightning Audio Storm
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by hognutz
if you had an 06 you would be set. pioneer and eclipse both make sweet double din units.
The stock radio is still 1.5 Din though, correct? Could I just replace my bezel with a Nav unit to get double din? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oval Racer
The stock radio is still 1.5 Din though, correct? Could I just replace my bezel with a Nav unit to get double din? Thanks.
I have seen pictures of the new nav units and they are double din so there has to be a way to make it work.

unless the nav bezel is different than the standard one then you would obviouly have to purchase that.

short story long a din is 2"x7" so if you hole in your dash is 4"x7" you are set. if you have the 3"x7" you would have to see if you can buy the double din dash bezel.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:55 AM

Question for those with aftermarket head units, does the factory sirius work with any aftermarket head unit or do they make adapters?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 AM

I personally think JVC is Junk. I use the eclipse, which is not always the trickest looking, but It NEVER skips. PLus they are a good company, geared towards a good sounding stereo. I would go with quality componets like Focal for the doors, and JL subs. There is alot of good stuff out there, oh and the eclipse plays highly scratched cd's!! Really the main delima in these trucks is the space we have to put a box. Not much room, and its very critical to get a proper box made.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM

i got a good friend of mine in the audio business and he recently informed me that he's buying and custom installing i have to pay for the equipment only at his cost whatever the invoice is that is what i pay but here it is:
8" in dash touch screeen monitor
2, 8" headrest monitors
6' 10" subs behind the back seat in a custom sealed enclosure
3' 860 watt amps
1 4 channel amp, forgot the watts, for all the mids
6 aftermarket mids
a laptop with all 18,000 of his DJ songs, windowsXP, internet,
1/2 din DVD/CD/MP3 in dash
and the hidden radio so i can listen to XM.
he told me when he gets it done the subs and touch screen will look like it came factory. he's goin for sound Q instead of rip your head of thump. i got a mega cab so i think it will all fit. it will be all matching amps components subs and monitors. when it gets done i will definatly post pics of it before and after.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:26 PM

Kenwood Excelon Navigation,Sirius,DVD,MP3,Weather

I bought the dash for the factory Navigation Radio and installed a Kenwood Excelon Navigation,Sirius,DVD,MP3,Weather. It will also accept TV and a back up monitor. I have had this system now in three different trucks and it's still working. I will do still more things than I know of, seems like every day I learn something new it will do. I have a 12" sub and amp under the back seat. I hooked up the DVD so it will play while in motion. With the sub and amp you feel like you are in a movie theater. It's not good watching the Fast And Furious, hard to keep it on the road watching that flick. Picture in photo gallery.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Banned

Alpine head unit, powering replaced door speakers, Kenwood 6 x 9 3 ways in the front doors, 6.5 inch two ways in the rear doors, sub amp output goes to a Rockford Fosgate mono amp pushing a measured 632 watts at the rated 4 ohms resistance of the MTX thunderform under the rear seat. All power wires upgraded and the door wiring upgraded as well. Sound? prety rockin good
Old 06-30-2006, 05:53 PM

alpine 9815 HU (piece of junk)
alpine IPOD adapter
CDT comps up front
focal coax's rear
US amps 400X under passenger seat for comps
US amps DE1000 under driver seat for subs
2 10" Adire Audio Brahmas in fiberglass/MDF enclosure under back seat

pics are in my gallery

Quick Reply: Post your audio setup