3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Post your audio setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post your audio setup

Since the suspension/tires/wheels will be taken care of shortly, next stop is going to be audio. Since the stock speakers and radio absolutly SUCK, ill be looking to upgrade. I am looking for a nice clean headunit, nothing ricey or flashy and I want DVD. The only thing out there is the flip out screen which im not fan of, however they just came out with a regular looking headunit but with a 3.5" LCD display for DVDs. This is the one I am thinking of getting:

JVC KD-AVX2

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=132&page=1

POST SOME PICTURES OF YOUR SETUP
Old 06-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Banned

I know you said you are not a real fan of Flip Out In-Dash Units.. but you may want to take a look at the Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD.. I have one in my truck and will never go back...

I'm not trying to criticise your decision.. but that 3.5" screen is going to be awful hard to see.. My 7" makes it almost a pain to watch movies (or especially to play video games!! X-BOX ROCKS!)

But as far as the rest of my audio system goes.. I have a custom dash piece (Where the factory tweets and Infinity Center Are Located) that has the tweets of my Focal Utopia Be Component set and a 5 1/4" PolyKevlar Coaxial in place of the factory center.. (AWESOME for watching Movies..)

6.5" Mids for the Front Utopia Component Set are in the front doors in the factory location.

Another 6.5" Focal PolyKevlar Component Set in the Rear Doors..'

I have an 11" Focal PolyGlass DVC Sub mounted in a custom Center Console in a ported configuration (If I had this to do over again I would have sealed it.)

2 of the 3 amps are mounted in a custom enclosure under the back seat.. As well as my Orion Concept 97.2 Digital EQ.

The Third Amp (For the Center Channel) Is located under the passenger seat.

I will try and snap some pics and post them tommorow...

Again.. I would strongly recommend you consider a flip out in-dash unit. I know they are somewhat prone to breaking.. but I'm pretty hard on stuff and I've had great luck with the new Pioneer Gear... Alpine is another great Company. Although I feel they don't have some of the features the Pioneer does at the same price point.

Just my .02 Cents
Old 06-23-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned

I don't have much in the way of a stereo system... But my Sirius is the greatest thing ever. I figured I would like it, I just had no idea how much. This thing freaking ROCKS
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Warlord
Alpine is another great Company. Although I feel they don't have some of the features the Pioneer does at the same price point.

That's the absolute truth, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy any other head unit but Alpine, but they are pricey. But I'll tell you something...they sound beautiful, and if you're really into the whole audio thing, your ears WILL notice the difference. That said, the Pioneer is a great unit too, packed with tons of features for a great price.

I agree with Warlord, that screen is more show than anything man...it'll be too small. That's like a Gameboy screen. I say go with the flip out, single DIN, looks nice. I had an Alpine CVA-1005 (Alpine's second flipout unit), lasted me 5 years, never stopped working. I replaced it because I wanted a new toy, not because it stopped functioning.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:30 AM

I have the stock infinity sound upgrade in mind, and it sounds awesome. I will not be changing it out. I might add a head unit at some point, but right now, it just sounds so clear and good.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:31 AM

I agree. The 3.5" screen will make viewing very tough. Flip ups are the way to go.

I have a Kenwood flip up DVD, kenwood mids, and 2 JL W3's under the backseat. The system sounds clean, but I am swapping out the mids for some Boston Pro's and pulling the center counsel and putting a Boston SPG555 in a custom box. You can never have too much.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:06 AM

I am running the following in my truck.. I will get some pics up as soon as it gets back to me.. I dont know how in the hell they got 1/2 this crap in there but they did..

My Magnum R/T is alot worse..

JL Audio Stealthbox w/a 10W3v3-4.. It goes under the back seat on the passanger side..

JL Audio ZR650-CSi 2-Way Components in the front w/some work..
JL Audio XR650-CXi Coaxials in the rear..

JL Audio 250/1 Class D Monoblock Sub Amp..
JL Audio 300/2 Class A/B Two-Channel Full-Range Amp for the fronts..
JL Audio 300/2 Class A/B Two-Channel Full-Range Amp for the rears..

Kenwood DDX-7017 6.5 inch Wide indash monitor..
Kenwood LZH-100W 10.2" Wide rear monitor..
Kenwood All-in-one Hide-away Black Box ( 5.1ch DSP/ TV Tuner/Receiver)..
Kenwood KNA-G510 Hideaway Navigation System..
Kenwood KSC-510CTR Powered Center Channel Speaker..
Kenwood Sirius

There's more i just cant find all the tickets..
Old 06-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Banned

Alpine 9807 HU
6.5" Polk Momo Components in the front door
6.5" Pioneer 2-ways in back
Alpine 250w two channel amp for front speakers
Audiobahn 1500w mono channel amp
2 Audiobahn 12" 800w RMS subs under the back seat.

Not as cool as yall's but it hits clean and can be setup for breaking windows or a symphony.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
I don't have much in the way of a stereo system... But my Sirius is the greatest thing ever. I figured I would like it, I just had no idea how much. This thing freaking ROCKS
Ditto here...I am posting pics of my "custom" Installation.

The SS wire keeps the unit from shaking, and makes it more rigid when you push the buttons.

Trailer brake harness (blue plug) to furnish 12v to the power outlet (see next photo)

power outlet is attached w/ velcro.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:26 PM

Most of mine is in my sig under Audio I love the way it sounds, but the new truck will probably get a little more thump

Chris
Old 06-24-2006, 12:49 AM

I was wondering about the people who have the flip out screen, does it hit the back piece of the dashboard at all when it comes out and back??
Old 06-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Banned

Most In-Dash DVD units are adjustable as to how far they "Retract" back into the dash... They have something like 45 Degrees of adjustability.

Mine Does not hit in the setting I have it on.. but if you adjust the angle enough.. Yes it will interfere.. but by that point you are so off axis you can't see the screen very well anyway.

Most of these units have a protection in them that if they try to open and are obstructed they will stop attempting to open.

P.M. if you are interested in an in-dash unit.. I may have one laying around still.. (I'm getting ready to move so I may have packed it already...) But it's my old AVH-P7500DVD.. I upgraded to the 7600..
Old 06-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Like Warlord said, they are adjustable. Mine doesnt even come close to hitting it. Also make sure the one you get has adjustable tilt so you can get the right viewing angle.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:05 PM

this is what I got...

I will get picture of it later. I had it installed befoer Metra made an install kit. The installer had to make a custom ABS plastic plate.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:43 PM

Quick Reply: Post your audio setup