3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Possible Issue with BullyDog Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 07:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Possible Issue with BullyDog Monitor

I'm impressed with all the functionality but I ran into what seems to be a problem

The "Highest Boost" reading doesn't seem to be working correctly. I hit 24+ lbs of boost but the highest boost recorded lags way behind, never recording more than 18.

I called tech support and got an answer that was hard to understand. Something about averaging.

I know the pyro side works exactly as I expected... always picks up the highest egt and holds it, dynamically but the boost side seems wrong. I guess it would help if the booklet had a couple more pages to it.

Anybody notice the same thing?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm. I have never looked at the "Highest Boost" reading on mine. X-Monitor takes care of those duties. I'll put'r on the display and let you know if mine does the same thing, then you will at least know if it is "normal."
Old 11-21-2004, 04:02 PM

I have the same thing. Pyro side is spot on. Boost of 38 lbs only showed 20.2 on the Outlook. Also, real-time boost numbers on the Outlook are 2 lbs higher than actual on the X-Monitor. Sitting at an idle with no boost, Outlook shows 2 lbs and will show 2 lbs higher all the time.

Since Pyro seems to be spot on, I wonder if the discrepancies we are seeing may not be the fault of the Outlook. The pyro numbers, which are accurate, are coming from the pyro probe. The boost is coming from the sensors on the truck (map?). I just wonder if the Outlook is only showing what it is being told by the sensor, you know. Could be a little boost fooling going on. Oh well.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That doesn't explain why high boost is not graabbing the highest readings even if they are incorrect.

I guess BullyDog expects us to use a real boost gauge?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With mine I notice it only grabs a real 'high boost' reading during a 0-60, 1/4 mile, or hp/tq run. It will not unless I pull up one of those functions and make a run My 'joystick' works like ****. Anyone else have this problem? Turning into a love/hate thing quickly for me.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:33 AM

Yeah, the stick seems to be picky. I have found that when I push straight in on it, or at least what I think is straight in, nothing happens or have to push it twice before it wakes up. However, if I have my thumb slightly lower on the stick when I push in or sideways, it seems to get the hint just fine. I'm probably not pushing on it as straight as I think being that it is a little lower than eye level and I'm looking down on it. It could be more forgiving.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my outlook monitor today.....frankly the joystick just plain sucks...rarely does what I want it to do. I'm sure my aggravation will outlast the outlook.