3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Poor A Pillar Fitament from Diesel Manor..anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor A Pillar Fitament from Diesel Manor..anyone else?

I just installed my A Pillar gauges ( Di Pricol Optix) from Diesel Manor. The gauge pillar fits HORRIBLE! There are spaces between the dash and pillar, gap between the rubber strip and the pillar, nad from the outside through the front window you can see all of the wires! Has anyone else had this problem?? I'm about to call them..Jason
Old 05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it a Pro Parts item?

My 2nd Gen pillar fit like a GLOVE. You may be into taking your factory pillar completely off to make it fit to your liking.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:52 PM

Yep same thing here,the fit up is terrible and rattles,all that holds it in place is the 1 screw,I can see between the front and back of the a-pillar.The worst fit up of aftermarket product I have seen.Color and texture is perfect though.I need to get a hold of Mark or Kenny and see whats up ....
Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM

i just called them and talked to David. He wanted me to send it back and let them check it out. I have a feeling that it is going to take a looong time...probably 2 weeks before i get it back and i dont want to wait that long. I am going to call back tomorrow and see if they will ship me a new one and when it arrives ill ship mine back...and they are wanting me to pay for the shipping to get it back to them for a product that is not fiting properly...i think that is BS...i wanted to avoid usind the stock pillar and cutting it to accomidate the pro pods over the top..but i guess if i nee to i will...i wont stand for this rattling crap with gaps...i understood that it was the best fitting pillar out there. I had the Pro Pods on my 02 F250 and it fit perfect over the stock A Pillar...anyone else? Jason
Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 AM

From what you describe mine is the same. I think what has happened is the replacement a-pillars are molded from an 05 dash, and Dodge changed just enough of the 06 dash that the fit isn't perfect anymore. But mine doesn't rattle and both bolts fit fine thru the grab handle. Got mine from GENO'S.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by MAD DUC
From what you describe mine is the same. I think what has happened is the replacement a-pillars are molded from an 05 dash, and Dodge changed just enough of the 06 dash that the fit isn't perfect anymore. But mine doesn't rattle and both bolts fit fine thru the grab handle. Got mine from GENO'S.
I agree. I bet they sent you guys an 05' pillar. That sucks
Old 05-25-2006, 07:41 AM

i havent put mine on my 05 yet, but so far, i have been highly impressed with dieselmanor. when i placed my order, i put in the wrong tap on the order, the guy called me and told me it was wrong before they processed my order and fixed it with no hassle. i was impressed. given that, i would imagine they will make it right with you, from what i can tell, they seem like stand up people.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:27 AM

that is why i have been so supprised this time. My last experience with DM made me almost decide to not deal with anyone but them. I had recieve gauges for my 02 F250 and the trans temp had something rattling around in it when i got it and did not work...i called them sunday night at 6pm and left a message and within 20 min i had a phone call telling me there was ready to ship for me the next day. I was highly impressed....thant why this whole shipping business that they are telling me to do this time is dissapointing...Jason
Old 05-25-2006, 11:49 AM

Have to wonder if they have had a change in management over there... Their reputation at 1st class customer service is dwindling.. I won't use them again and from the posts here it look like more will try other vendors.

Maybe they just go to big to fast???
Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Chapter President

I ordered a pillar that was a proparts brand and it fit terrible. There was a huge gap in the front and you could see everything through the windshield. The texture was also off. It's still sitting in the corner of the shop and there's an autometer gaugeworks pillar in my truck. Perfect fit and the color and texture match perfectly.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:31 PM

I ordered their kit for my MegaCab and when it arrived the color and texture were off enough that I sent it back without ever testing the fit. Diesel Manor had no problem returning it, but I did loose shipping both ways.

For these reasons I'm going with Quadzilla's Commander as soon as it becomes available.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:17 PM

Hmmm, was just getting set to order some Di Pricols from them too...

Other than the mount, how do you like the gauges Jason?
I think they're the closest to the Dodge dash, how well do they match at night?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:04 AM

I have mine in a box in the garage waiting for my truck to show up.Hope it fits.what brand is the junk one and who makes the good one?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:08 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone should clarify, it's not like Diesel Manor is manufacturing the A-Pillar pods in the back room. If there is a problem with the parts and they are not making you guys whole on it, then that is a problem. If there is a problem with the parts and it's an error or a manufacturer issue and he is telling you "too bad" than that is another story.

Pro Parts (pods) should be the one catching the flack here. It shouldn't have mattered if you bought the pod from Diesel Manor, DPPI, Genos, whatever.

There have been dozens, maybe hundreds of satified (mostly gauge I would imagine) Diesel Manor customers in the past year or so.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by P.J
Someone should clarify, it's not like Diesel Manor is manufacturing the A-Pillar pods in the back room. If there is a problem with the parts and they are not making you guys whole on it, then that is a problem. If there is a problem with the parts and it's an error or a manufacturer issue and he is telling you "too bad" than that is another story.

Pro Parts (pods) should be the one catching the flack here. It shouldn't have matered if you bought the pod from Diesel Manor, DPPI, Genos, whatever.

There have been dozens, mayber hundreds of satified (mostly gauge I would imagine) Diesel Manor customers in the past year or so.
Here, Here! I just bought my Dipricol Optix gauges from them with the Autometer dash mount. Great buying experience!

Quick Reply: Poor A Pillar Fitament from Diesel Manor..anyone else?