3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Please Be Honest

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please Be Honest

Hey guys is there any chip or any kind of programmer that can improve milage on my 2005 3500 srw quad auto. I'm not looking for more power i just want better milage.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by apatche
Hey guys is there any chip or any kind of programmer that can improve milage on my 2005 3500 srw quad auto. I'm not looking for more power i just want better milage.
I've heard that a programmer such as the Edge EZ set on the lowest limit can improve mileage 1 or 2 MPG. However, it still gives you HP gains, and I'm sure a lot of people drive " differently" with the extra HP.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:06 PM

Edge EZ will give mileage. gave me about 2mpg
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by StrokeThisCTD
Edge EZ will give mileage. gave me about 2mpg
That's pretty much what my brother found with his.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 PM

Milage with Edge EZ

See my Sig. I run on #3 EZ and get better MPG. However, as you can see in my Sig. I did improvements to make it better along with the Edge
Old 02-05-2006, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mpg

I bought the Bully Dog Triple Dog based on the promise of better mpg. Of course I don't mind crazy amounts of smoke and power; But I bought it to save fuel. Most of the time it's just a daily commute of about 100 highway miles to and from the job site.
The Bully Dog lived up to its brag about mileage improvement. For me it works out to between 1 and 2 mpg depending on temperatures outside, and how impatient I am with the traffic. Driving 65-70 I get 20mpg highway, and if I can actually stay at 65 it' 21+. At 75-80, on the other hand, i'm in the 18 range. Hope this helped.
Cheers
Bekim
###

PS If you buy any performance module get a pyrometer....their input can save you many thousands of $!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:54 PM

Just about all of them give you a mileage increase. The problem is your Right foot once you get box/programmer installed.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:01 PM

As my sig states, I run the Ramifier. Power, the people and the service are all great, but no matter where I set the infinitly adjustable ****, the ACTUAL mileage is no better. This has been the result on multiple full-tank trips, and I am just being honest. I have done the tone-ring mod along with the other mods listed, and IF I can control myself, I can pull 20mpg at 65-70, and that is with an auto, so I have zero gripes, but I usually run with no box dialed in until I need the extra surge for a pass or just because I need the excitement.
The other reasons I run most of the time with the box turned off are these: I havn't done the TQ or Valve Body upgrades yet, and I really dislike the "overrun" you can get when you get back out of the go pedal when you are in traffic or the twisty sections, along with the high egts up here in the thin air.
I would very much like to hear from other owners of the Ramifier concerning the mileage issue.
Mike
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 PM

The soon-to-be-released Mads Electronics Smarty is the only device that has a program specifically for fuel mileage.

Also, the TST has a setting that only changes timing, adding zero fuel for increased mileage.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Just about all of them give you a mileage increase. The problem is your Right foot once you get box/programmer installed.
**** straight!!
Bekim
Old 02-05-2006, 11:53 PM

I run the juice/Attitude combo and have done the tone ring mod, I didn't really notice much milage increase, but i think that is mostly my foot. The thing that helped me the most on my 05 was the new update from DC, it has only been out for a couple of weeks and some of the dealers don't even know about it yet. I was told by my local dealer that there was no update for the 05, only the 04, but I went to another dealer and they found it. I was the first one they had done on an 05 and I got almost 2mpg out of it. My truck is a 1 ton long bed and I tow often and always have 4 other guys riding with me, and I am not a very conservative driver. I have been getting around 16.8-17.4 hand calculated so I am happy with that.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:51 AM

Increased mileage

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Remember the overhead display will be incorrect with a box turned on. You have to hand calculate your mileage if you run a box. Me I have seen just a slight increase maybe 1/4 mpg to 18+ mpg, but I run about 72 mph on the highway with about 80% of my driving being highway. Most of my city mileage is on a bicycle. On the bright side I inceased my range with a Transfer Flow 56 gallon replacement frame tank, really good product straight forward install.

L8r,...............dogger
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 AM

I have a 1.25 mpg increase while pulling a 6 horse trailer using the XZT Quad towing box at 70 mph.That is based on several months of data.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:00 AM

goin by the overhead only I see better milage too with my quad box and I drive it like I stole it.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:20 AM

I have the hot juice/attitude and have had it only 2 weeks but on level 1(it actually says mileage on the display) I get about 10% increase unless I am doggin it alot then I get about a 50% decrease.

Quick Reply: Please Be Honest