3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pics of MPI twins stocker s400 post them up.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just sent an e-mail off to Nathan, I'm happy with the 62/65/13ss but i'm thinking that I probably should have gone with twins for the towing I do. I find that I have to really get on the throttle on the back road rolling hills or i'm boggin the engine and foggin for mosquitoes. Just can't keep the boost up...I probably also need to adjust the Smarty (Revo, 7-TM-2,T-3, RP-2) but that program seems to work best with my setup.

Guess will see what Nathan says.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by rogers259
Well I just sent an e-mail off to Nathan, I'm happy with the 62/65/13ss but i'm thinking that I probably should have gone with twins for the towing I do. I find that I have to really get on the throttle on the back road rolling hills or i'm boggin the engine and foggin for mosquitoes. Just can't keep the boost up...I probably also need to adjust the Smarty (Revo, 7-TM-2,T-3, RP-2) but that program seems to work best with my setup.

Try bumping up the torque management, it help me build boost quicker
Old 08-08-2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by rogers259

I just sent my injectors back to have them redone from 1.8's to 1.2's because of the lack of boost and smoke. I am beginning to think it is the turbo. I will not be happy if I had my injectors redone because of a bad turbo. I am putting my turbo on a stock truck so see what it does.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by CoolumConst
I just sent my injectors back to have them redone from 1.8's to 1.2's because of the lack of boost and smoke. I am beginning to think it is the turbo. I will not be happy if I had my injectors redone because of a bad turbo. I am putting my turbo on a stock truck so see what it does.
I'm going to keep running this setup for a while and see how it preforms. I'll kick up the TM to 3 and see if that improves my low end boost. Guess I didnt really think the new turbo could be bad...the box it arrived in was absolutely butchered. So maybe my new turbo has some issues.

I did talk to Nathan and looks like he's recommending I go with a stock/s400 combo. He also recommended holding off on injectors till I get the twins put on to see how it is smoke wise. I love rollin the smoke as much as the next guy, but with pulling the horse trailer I really don't care to smoke the horses. Now I get to save up the funds for twins.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:25 PM

I tried every setting that tnt has. We were saying that the injectors were to big but I drive alot down lower with no change. There are tons of guys running 150 HP stix in Denver with no problems.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:20 PM

I'm having the same issue. Smokes like crazy and egts through the roof. I was having a bit of an issue with the turbo before the injectors though. The turbo has never seen above 36 psi and at low boost it huffs; really inefficient. No this isn't the typical turbo bark! Hey Coolumconst, I thought I read yours was making a similar sound. My wastegate has been crap from the beginning. I have never been able to adjust one way or the other. What's odd is some days it runs better than others. Twins are in the near future. Can't dare drive into the mountains!!

Bryan