3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

performance parts "vendors"

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
performance parts "vendors"

This is just a question with nobody in mind so I hope no one is offended. Do most of the vendors that sell performance parts just take the money from the customer and then find the best price from several other vendors and then drop ship the products to the customer? How does the person that sold the item know that the customer received all of the parts? I posted about making a few purchases and am just curious how this works.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Many venders do just that (drop ship) so that they don't have to fork out the money for stock that may not move for a while. Really nothing wrong with doing things the smart way like that. If you have a problem then the vender will help get it resolved. There are many of these venders that do this part time and have regular jobs too. Anybody could set up a business and sell things but many of us want to buy from a knowledgeable guy who can answer technical questions that we may have about specific products or issues we may be having.
I manage a large equipment company and if I can get an order to ship from the factory direct to the customer and all I have to do is collect some $$$ then I am a happy camper. That's the best kind of sale......
Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Good Answer Dodgezilla

We try to avoid drop shipping and seldom sell direct, most of our referrals go to our stocking distributors.