3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Performance/Economy computer thingy

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ROI goes out the window if your ECU gets smoked. A feature of the Diablo programmer.

Its not just about power. Its about a well engineered product with excellent support. Look around here for problems with diablo programmers. Usually those people are rescued by the Smarty crew. So, when it does happen, you'll end up buying a Smarty to get an ECM recovery file anyways.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by RoadDawg
Diablo might suck but for half the price and I do not need to have any more HP than I got WHY NOT. Fuel savings is what I want. ROI do you understand that? The unit in the class sold already. DAMM

I have driven 500+ HP stock cars on 1/2 to 3/4 asphalt short tracks so I lost my need for speed and my nuts are big enough.
By the way, cheap doesn't necessarily mean GOOD or Better. ROI? Seriously? do you know how long it would take to pay off the Diablo with the fuel savings you MIGHT get?

Do the rokktech mod to advance the timing and be done with it. You don't need any more horsepower so just advance the timing a little. Quite a bit cheaper and you won't be messing with a programmer that has crappy support.

1 More thing I forgot to mention. If you want a programmer the Smarty JR is not double the price of the Diablo. Something to consider if you just have to have a programmer.

My .02
Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 AM

I am just looking to improve my mpg the most cost effective way that I can.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 PM

ease foot off skinny pedal...... FREE!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:29 PM

Ok do a search for "Tone Ring Mod" or "Rokktech sensor"

Either one of those will advance your timing a little bit and should help since you are not in need of anymore power.

If you decide you want more power, with a little increase in mileage, you know where to go. Smarty.

Chad
Old 07-23-2008, 06:32 PM

Who makes the best for the $$.

Best bang for your buck would be to get one of the Bully Dog Triple Dogs from the classifieds and load Crazy Larry onto it...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 PM

wow this thread is getting ugly,almost all the negative coments towards the pred are dealing with the 7131 which is for 04-5 and ups,the pred for the 03-04 models,the 7130 hasnt had many issues,it works awsome and theres been guys on here that have had both the pred and the smarty on a 03-04 and prefered the pred,ssome even sold the smarty,im not bad mouthing the smarty at all,when i get a newer truck it will have a smarty on it,i just sgested the original poster on this thread there was a pred forsale cheap and it does net better milage and a nicer running truck,as far a customer suport,of course the smarty is second to none but ive had all my questions anwred on diablos site and even got a few custom tunes from the guy who makes the tunes,i even beta tested some touque managment tunes for him,ive had good customer service from them,its too bad the pred sold,but keep looking on here,ive seen them now and again,i think i only paid 300 for mine new over a year ago,i bet thier cheper now with the canadian dollar so high.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by White97GTVert
Do the rokktech mod to advance the timing and be done with it. You don't need any more horsepower so just advance the timing a little. Quite a bit cheaper and you won't be messing with a programmer that has crappy support.
Installed Rokktech today- a bit more responsive off idle, overhead reading higher, will see what hand calculated looks like in another 500 miles.