3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O no....Here we go again...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:34 PM

I think alot more people would have the toyo m/ts if they hadn't been on national backorder for 10 years and when a place does get them they are EXTREMELY high priced because they know they have them and the other stores don't.

The truck is a daily driver/work truck from the looks of it and has had 37s on it forever...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:59 PM

Let me then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"Is this for a daily driver or an off road truck?"

Yep...driven 96k in 2.25 years. Daily on road...daily offroad.

"PJ's are mainly used for their off road capibality not streetability and mileage."

Sure...I believe that...but there are tires that do both very well...like BFG MT's. I am simply trying to find another (if there is one) alternative...that is also a little cheaper.

Why do you want 37's. Thats alot of rubber?

I have 4:10's, 5" of lift, and 600 hp...what other tire would you put on it? I REDLINE in the 1/4 and spend plenty of time driving 90 mph plus. I LOVE the approx 3.5:1 final gearing. Towing is not an issue...with the power on tap.

"You should consider going with a bigger rim since thats alot of sidewall rubber, and will have lots of sidewal flex."

Nope...I want flex when aired down. Shorter sidewalls will not give me that. I do not want expensive bling wheels. There is no undesired sidewall flex in my current setup even loaded to the max.

"37's are cool looking but will perform better on a 18 or 20 inch rim."

Why? I disagree for the above reasons as well as these...
The tires slide before the pop a bead...I have no lateral issues. It is not a sports car anyways. We can go hit curbs at the same speed and same tire pressure...whose heel is going to bite the dust first?

"As far as tires go why dont you steep up to a 21st century tire like the Toyo Open Country MT. They ride great, wear great, off road great, and look great. It what all of us young guys put on our lifted daily driven trucks."

21st Century...LOL. Toyos are a great tire...according to others...I have no personal experiece. Most love them, a few don't. I have no problems with them other than price and the reported mileage I have heard. Les Shwab can always get them ASAP for some reason...so availibility is not even a problem. A hint for those out there complaining...

I feel like trying another tire...that is all. But maybe I should just stick with the BFG. They were the beast when they came out...and still may be. The are not a pure offroad tire (even though I see plenty hold there own in the rock crawling events) nor a pure highway tire (even though I can't complain about the 60k they delivered me)...but something inbetween..exactley what I need. I would put a Toyo MT, GY MTR, etc in that same class.

300 plus is too expensive...and I do not want to line their pockets anymore if there is another alternative. I will try the Cooper.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:04 PM

I'm about ready to go with the Cooper STT myself, since Toyo's are so hard to find. But the 35/12.50/17 version is only 3000 lbs. Probably okay for what I do, which is just a few dirt bikes in the back, no towing.....yet.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:19 PM

Even at 3,000 lb rating...it still gives you almost 3k of payload or pin weight...which is more than GVWR. Mounted and balaced it looks like a Bruenel shop around here will get them on for a pinch under 300 george washingtons.

The 37's have a 3500 lb rating.

I am worried about their wear though...

Les Schwab quoted 357 a tire out the door for Toyo MT's which are on their shelf. Anyone local around here also wants aboyt the same for BFG MT's.

I miss living in Denver sometimes...when I could just drive over to 4 Wheel Parts and haggle with them till I got a good deal!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:22 PM

Good lead on Les Schwab. I found a set of 35/12.50/17's real easy, but they won't do credit card orders over the phone.