3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Painted Taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill do an even trade! lol
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 PM

I think it was Duplicolor smoke, I found it at walmart. I used bulldog first then shot some of the smoke. It looked great but now they have a haze to them, and are no longer dark.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by CReed
Hmm thats a good point nathan but at this point i just want to do it bad if you cant tell by now so whats a little ticket LOL im sure its not little though.

Yeah well its only money right!!! No geee ossifer I uhh bought this truck like this honest!!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Banned

No the dps officers around my area know me by name to many M.I.P's and excessive smoke tickets and warnings! So i dont think they would just let me off the hook I had one slash a X in my tint last year simply b/c he knew i wasnt going to go get it taken off and a lighter shade put on like he recomended. LOL. We shall see soon enought though
Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 PM

Just fade the tint at the top just low enough for the meter to read and you are good to go. If that is the way they still do it.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Banned

Well I figured that since this is the only guy in town that does tint and he said all the cops get double limo i should too why not and a week later $145 worth of tint slashed LOL but thats the way my luck goes and wouldnt you know it that dps officers son is friends with my brother and what does his sons truck have on it double limo tint. Dang hipocrits.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by CReed
Well I figured that since this is the only guy in town that does tint and he said all the cops get double limo i should too why not and a week later $145 worth of tint slashed LOL but thats the way my luck goes and wouldnt you know it that dps officers son is friends with my brother and what does his sons truck have on it double limo tint. Dang hipocrits.
Yeah no joke, that is the way some of those guys are!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:11 AM

A buddy of mine works at a autobody repair shop, and he painted my lights for me. He didn't make it real dark, but I ended up taking them off because someone almost rear ended me. I ended up putting a set of red LED brake lights in my bumper, and he put a light coat on that, and they work really well even in the day light, but i guess thats because there are 32 small leds in the light itself.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by blackbullet
A buddy of mine works at a autobody repair shop, and he painted my lights for me. He didn't make it real dark, but I ended up taking them off because someone almost rear ended me. I ended up putting a set of red LED brake lights in my bumper, and he put a light coat on that, and they work really well even in the day light, but i guess thats because there are 32 small leds in the light itself.

Do you have any pics of that?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:46 AM

I don't have a digital camera, lol. I need to buy one but i keep spending money on other stupid ****. He did the tail lights on my ford, but not the one on my dodge. If i can get a camera, i'll take a picture of them. It looks pretty sharp though because he would tape off the reverse part, and it just kind of set it off. I'll try to get my hands on a camera sometime this week and post picture of the tail lights, and the oval LED lights
Old 06-26-2007, 07:16 PM

ok folks.....heres a few.....but go to my gallery and youll see the rest
Attached Thumbnails Painted Taillights?-picture-003.jpg   Painted Taillights?-picture-004.jpg   Painted Taillights?-picture-005.jpg   Painted Taillights?-picture-015.jpg   Painted Taillights?-picture-002.jpg  

Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 PM

and heres with just the running lights.........theyre still pretty bright with the running lights on...oh and i did the 3rd brake light first as my guniea pig....i like how they turned out!!
Attached Thumbnails Painted Taillights?-picture-014.jpg   Painted Taillights?-picture-013.jpg  
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Those look good drasko you used the vht paint correct?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Thanks CReed......i think i may doi another coat and darken them up just a bit more..

yeah the duplicolor stuff.........its in the same line as there anodized wanna be paints.....top shelf at oriellys and autozone.........the can is in the hotel parking lot....and well...ive been up since 3am for work and i dont feel like goin back down and gettin the can...but i might feel like it later when i get REALLY bored in a bit!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 PM

Just painted mine tonight with a light coat of Krylon Fusion black on the orignal lights. Still shows through decent, but gives that all black look with the lights off.

Quick Reply: Painted Taillights?