3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pacbrake PRXB problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to pop in and see if everything is handled, If you guys have any questions feel free to contact me.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Harold-Pacbrake
I just wanted to pop in and see if everything is handled, If you guys have any questions feel free to contact me.
Just received the part yesterday Herald (thanks for the superfast shipping). I am working at the fire station today and won't be home to fix the brake until tomarrow. I am thinking of relocating the pressure switch to another warmer location in the engine compartment. Any suggestions?
Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 AM

**** my camera is in for repair. Just put a 'T' in the main line that runs down to the tank and toss the pressure switch right up by the compressor. I think mine ended up ~6" away from the main compressor fittings. Either put a plug where you took the switch out by the tank, or just a fitting straight in.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think a petcock on the tank to allow draining it occasionally would be a good idea. I always periodically drain the tanks on air-brake equipped trucks to get rid of condensation/moisture build-up. Air-line antifreeze is your friend also even if you don't have problems it can help prevent them.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:16 AM

I think mounting the pressure switch in the engine compartment near the compressor is a much better place. My tank is mounted along the frame rail under the drivers seat, it would get a lot of water/moisture in that area, I wondered how that might affect the switch.

Are there additional parts needed to move the switch? I may move mine just as a preventative. This is my 2nd year and we do get snow/rain that could lead up to this problem. I guess the first year of exposure sets up the switch for failure?

I have a 'pull-type' relief on the tank, check for water regularly, have never had any come out of the tank.

CD
Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by CD in NM
I think mounting the pressure switch in the engine compartment near the compressor is a much better place. My tank is mounted along the frame rail under the drivers seat, it would get a lot of water/moisture in that area, I wondered how that might affect the switch.

Are there additional parts needed to move the switch? I may move mine just as a preventative. This is my 2nd year and we do get snow/rain that could lead up to this problem. I guess the first year of exposure sets up the switch for failure?

I have a 'pull-type' relief on the tank, check for water regularly, have never had any come out of the tank.

CD
Nothing special for parts. Just a 'T' fitting. A pic if my tank is in the AD install link in my sig.

I'll see what I can do for a pic if I can get my camera back and working - ahhhhh, maybe it's time for a new one anyway.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Festus
Nothing special for parts. Just a 'T' fitting. A pic if my tank is in the AD install link in my sig.

I'll see what I can do for a pic if I can get my camera back and working - ahhhhh, maybe it's time for a new one anyway.
No need for a picture as I put if close to the compressor. It definately was the pressure switch that fixed the problem. I wonder why it failed?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Thundercloud
No need for a picture as I put if close to the compressor. It definately was the pressure switch that fixed the problem. I wonder why it failed?
I can't answer that. All I know is it fixed my same issue. It had myself, Harold, and TJ scratching our heads for weeks. It only took so long as I had limited time to do the diagnostic testing they were asking of me - I was out of town working and truck was in my garage. At any rate, it worked, so I just quit asking why and went with it.