3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Pacbrake PRXB owners...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pacbrake PRXB owners...

Where'd you guys mount the air tank? Did you break the rules and drill the frame (through both sides)? I mounted the air compressor and intake filter at my office during my lunch break, then started to scope out places to mount the tank but I'm not sure where I want to put it. Behind the front wheel where the instructions suggest will work but I thought I'd pick your brains first.

Also, where did you guys mount your switch?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Where'd you guys mount the air tank? Did you break the rules and drill the frame (through both sides)? I mounted the air compressor and intake filter at my office during my lunch break, then started to scope out places to mount the tank but I'm not sure where I want to put it. Behind the front wheel where the instructions suggest will work but I thought I'd pick your brains first. Thanks!
Mind was up behind the front bumper but was since moved because of the Road Armor. I am not sure where it is now (as I have not seen the truck) but I do know I am supposed to get some Black Diamondplate to "seal it in" to its new home. I can tell you tomorrow when I pick the truck up!

By the way: You shoudl NOT value my opinion because, according to "Haulin In Dixie" my comments should only be taken serious when dealing with cosmetic matters, and when giving my opinion only!

Just a disclaimer for yoru Paulie!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Mind was up behind the front bumper but was since moved because of the Road Armor. I am not sure where it is now (as I have not seen the truck) but I do know I am supposed to get some Black Diamondplate to "seal it in" to its new home. I can tell you tomorrow when I pick the truck up!

By the way: You shoudl NOT value my opinion because, according to "Haulin In Dixie" my comments should only be taken serious when dealing with cosmetic matters, and when giving my opinion only!

Okay, thanks for the opinion, and the warning!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs

with a name like "haulin in dixie" im for sure going to take that advice. it means nothing to me that you have sunk a sizeable chunk of coin into optimus for the heck of it w/o doing any research so it stands to reason you have no idea what your talking about. i mean thats crystal clear and i for sure didnt need a warning about that!! geez duh!! and whenever i need some cosmetic advice like whick eye liner or lip stick to pick youll be the first i ask

well i really hope hes kidding cause thats just silly (a personal attack isnt warranted for that)

your the best wiggs...lol

brett
Old 02-15-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
with a name like "haulin in dixie" im for sure going to take that advice. it means nothing to me that you have sunk a sizeable chunk of coin into optimus for the heck of it w/o doing any research so it stands to reason you have no idea what your talking about. i mean thats crystal clear and i for sure didnt need a warning about that!! geez duh!! and whenever i need some cosmetic advice like whick eye liner or lip stick to pick youll be the first i ask

well i really hope hes kidding cause thats just silly (a personal attack isnt warranted for that)

your the best wiggs...lol

brett
Thanks Brett!
..And I recommend going with Smashbox eye shadow !!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:46 PM

Anyone else care to share where they mounted their tank and switch?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Anyone else care to share where they mounted their tank and switch?
mine is mounted right behind the drivers side fog light on the bumper.. no drilling of frame as for the switch i think most people Mount them to the left of the steering column .. i already have a switch there so mine is mounted on the pull down kick panel below the steering column to the right .. I'll see if i can get some pics ....
G
Old 02-15-2007, 10:25 PM

swansong04,

I'd love to see pics, especially of the tank mounted behind the fog light. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:59 AM

Pauly,

I bought a rocker switch from the local Rat Shack and installed it on my Cup Smoothie from Geno's Garage.

I'll try to post a pic later!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by RankRam
Pauly,

I bought a rocker switch from the local Rat Shack and installed it on my Cup Smoothie from Geno's Garage.

I'll try to post a pic later!
Cool, I'd like to see that.

Well, I think I found a good place to mount the compressor. Like others have stated, on the frame behind the driver's side fog light tucks it up pretty good. Now my problem is I can get my Dewalt drill in there to drill a couple holes. I guess I need to find somebody with a 90* drill. I swear, nothing is ever easy, even the easy things!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:20 PM

Pauly, send me your email addy and I will send those pics to ya.

BTW I bought a right angle drill from Sears, it works very well!

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
Old 02-16-2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by RankRam
Pauly, send me your email addy and I will send those pics to ya.

BTW I bought a right angle drill from Sears, it works very well!

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

PM sent...

I may just have to pick up that drill on my way home. I have the matching standard sized 19.2v chordless drill and a couple batteries already. The shorter right angle drill always comes in handy.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 PM

Well, I stopped by Sears on my way home, picked up that 19.2v right angle drill and got the tank mounted on the frame just behind the driver's side fog light. Makes for easy access but you'd never know it was there.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:08 PM

Tank is under driver's floor. Switch is on dash panel under inst, cluster (see photo in my gallery).
Old 02-18-2007, 05:35 PM

My tank is under the Passenger side of my Road armor bumper against the frame. I will try to post pics as soon as I can get under the truck and not be in ice!

Quick Reply: Pacbrake PRXB owners...