3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

P2609

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2609

Installed my Banks High Ram the other day and everything is running fine. However, today the P2609 (Air heater intake system performance) Code came on. The only difference I have noticed and I'm not sure even sure if it relates to this due to my Quadzilla box setting off a P0148 codem is that the turbo sounds like its overboosting at around 25-30 (high pitched) also when I come to a stop, the motor makes more noise while slowing down (rattling).......Anybody have any idea of what I should do to manage these problems? Thanks!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by StealthRam
Installed my Banks High Ram the other day and everything is running fine. However, today the P2609 (Air heater intake system performance) Code came on. The only difference I have noticed and I'm not sure even sure if it relates to this due to my Quadzilla box setting off a P0148 codem is that the turbo sounds like its overboosting at around 25-30 (high pitched) also when I come to a stop, the motor makes more noise while slowing down (rattling).......Anybody have any idea of what I should do to manage these problems? Thanks!
I had a problem setting codes and had a rattly loud engine when I was running the bd triple dog. I got rid of it and bought the edge/attitude. Engine is very quiet now, power is smooth and not a single code even running level 5. Sounds like the quad has some bugs in it. maybe someone else has experince with the quad?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:50 PM

I screwed around with my TST and put it on 6&6 with an otherwise stock automatic truck. Got a suffering tranny now and have noticed a high pitch whine that I think is coming from the turbo also. I already have plans to fix tranny. The main deal is where is that high pitch sound coming from? Is it the turbo or is it something in the pump in the tranny? The reason I am thinking possible pump noise is the filter in the tranny is probably clogged with clutch material if that aint it a bearing in the converter may be hurt because the noise goes away after lockup.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM

Yeah, its already been determined that the Quad is going to have to come out of the truck and be returned, im on the second box with the same problem! Anyway, thats not too big of a deal. What im concerned about is the P2609 code, why is it going off and how do i, or what do i do to get rid of it?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 PM

Anybody have any insight?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:03 PM

I screwed around with my TST and put it on 6&6 with an otherwise stock automatic truck. Got a suffering tranny now and have noticed a high pitch whine that I think is coming from the turbo also. I already have plans to fix tranny. The main deal is where is that high pitch sound coming from? Is it the turbo or is it something in the pump in the tranny? The reason I am thinking possible pump noise is the filter in the tranny is probably clogged with clutch material if that aint it a bearing in the converter may be hurt because the noise goes away after lockup.
If you do a search you will see multiple posts that the TST will cook a stock turbo. From the research that i have done you have to run twin turbo to get a 9/9 from the TST or have a upgrade just to handle it.