3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

over the rail and tailgate protections

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's these........??

Old 07-29-2007, 07:29 PM

JuzPlaneKrazy you bet me to it! haha
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 PM

Old 07-29-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JuzPlaneKrazy
How's these........??

thats what i am going to do right there. i am 3.4 the way there because i already have linex in my bed.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM

How's these........??

thats what i am going to do right there. i am 3.4 the way there because i already have linex in my bed.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
I'm still looking for a piece to go over the top of rail behind the rear window, but no luck. I also wanted some diamond plate rocker panels to match but no luck there either.
DeeZee makes a piece for the front bed rail to match your tailgate protector. It's diamond plate wraps over the top of the rail and goes all the way down inside to the floor of the bed. I have their catalog handy it's called the Brite-Tread Full Front Box Protector you might go search for that on their website or something. I'm thinking about getting one of those and the tailgate one too for my rig. As for the rockers I think JC Whitney or Styling Concepts carries rolls of adhesive backed diamond plate that you can trim up and stick on down there. Don't know if it's quality stuff though. Personally I think diamond plate rockers would be overkill but to each his own it aint my truck.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:30 AM

How's these........??
Hey! I don't have the cool Line-X logo in my Line-X'd bed. Actually, that looks really cool.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
DeeZee makes a piece for the front bed rail to match your tailgate protector. It's diamond plate wraps over the top of the rail and goes all the way down inside to the floor of the bed. I have their catalog handy it's called the Brite-Tread Full Front Box Protector you might go search for that on their website or something. I'm thinking about getting one of those and the tailgate one too for my rig. As for the rockers I think JC Whitney or Styling Concepts carries rolls of adhesive backed diamond plate that you can trim up and stick on down there. Don't know if it's quality stuff though. Personally I think diamond plate rockers would be overkill but to each his own it aint my truck.
I'll check out the front box protector, but I don't want to spend a million bucks on it. I may buy a piece of diamond plate and just have my buddy bend it for me. Whatever costs less. The reason I wanted the diamond plate rockers was to match the caps and the smooth stuff shows every tiny dent and imperfection. If I didn't do so much driving and had more of a show truck or something that sees little driving time I would go stainless rockers.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Chapter President

how much should i plan to spend getting the bed, rails, and gate done?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Ranch Hand bed rails... Mine are tough as nails!!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
I'll check out the front box protector, but I don't want to spend a million bucks on it. I may buy a piece of diamond plate and just have my buddy bend it for me. Whatever costs less. The reason I wanted the diamond plate rockers was to match the caps and the smooth stuff shows every tiny dent and imperfection. If I didn't do so much driving and had more of a show truck or something that sees little driving time I would go stainless rockers.

They've got the front bed caps too that just sit on the top like the bedrail caps. Those are probably a lot cheaper and all you'd need really.

Fire Rescue124 I think I did bedrail caps and tailgate for $110 from my local truck accesories shop I also got a full toolbox that wasn't a deezee but only set me back $275 which I though was a smokin deal. I know Tractor Supply keeps deezee accessories in stock if you have one of those down there near you in TX.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the '05, after the liner was sprayed over the rails, we put the factory plastic tailgate liner back on and installed the tailgate spoiler/protector/handle over that.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:41 PM

does anyone know where to get line-x now in houston?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Line-X dealer on 249 closed several years ago. 'I think' Speed Liner comes close to the Line-X technology.

MikeyB
Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM

have you been to that place called 249 trux? i drove buy there today and they had 4 CTDs in there bays getting stuff installed.

Quick Reply: over the rail and tailgate protections