3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Ovate in the horizontal plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Let us know when you get the 1.5-1.6 size figured out. My truck can be a smokey pig in this hot weather with stock injectors. By then, maybe I'll be ready for a set.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don,

Did you get my messages?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Don M
We have a winner!

Round holes are the most efficient in most folks view, but the oval hole design does a couple of interesting things. Firstly it helps the fuel stay in the bowl. As these injectors get larger the spray holes are getting larger too.

The oval hole is wider rather than taller and this gets us the higher flow without the fuel spraying as much up on top of the piston.

Second, the wider pattern is lowering smoke. The early results seem to point toward more fuel burning in the leaner regions between the spray jets. This area is larger with a round hole VS the ovate style.

The ovate hole design is difficult to produce with high accuracy so currently is only being tested on the Flux 4 and up sizes. I think we have a winner here. The air/fuel mixing is very much improved.
From the peanut gallery, a hole is decribed as round.

So, you must be talking about a 'holeval' shape!!!!! Maybe 'holevalated?
Good job keep up the good work.