3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Outrun by a Ferd

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either way, this is a dodge site, right? Go over to the Ford site and post about dodge or chvey, same stuff as here.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do the transmissions not last? Cuz of the engine in front of them.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JCROMAN
Like I said im not trying to start a war

That's good-please stop then. Don't argue, just stop.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by cquestad
JCROMAN,

Maybe you should look at my "post count". I do read alot....too many!

I have never come out and stated my "beefs" before....but you kinda made me feel like it when you started making mountains out of molehills and claiming diesel's had throttles.

I believe in numbers...and it seems that the numbers above do show the truth in the Dodges reliablity. It is my personal experience as well.

Get some new blades...and put a little silicon on your back window...

I will do it for you if you don't feel up for the challenge.

My blades lasted 60k maybe...I thought that was pretty good...considering my windshield is a rough pited mother....

Forums are supposed to be fun....and a little fun making does not hurt anyone!
I know diesels dont have "throttles" it was a figure of speech let it go!!! alot of people say I need to "gas" up. we all know what they mean!!! your picking at straws.......yes these forums are supposed to be fun.....but it sure seems like the fun is ok as long as you do not make fun of dodges at all. my point is proven on that time and time again.

why should I have to get new blades on a brand new truck? why should I have to smear silacone all over my new window? I do all my own work unlike most people on here and that included rebuilding my own tranny after it blew at only 3500k. lets just admit dodges have problems too and move on shall we?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by v8440
That's good-please stop then. Don't argue, just stop.
.[/QUOTE]Either way, this is a dodge site, right? Go over to the Ford site and post about dodge or chvey, same stuff as here..[/QUOTE]

this is what i mean. if I my post was bashing a ford you would all jump in an say ya what a piece of crap.....but bash a dodge at all....and you form a malicia and go out to kill......that cracks me up!!!! you guys need to get a thicker skin...... so you can handle the truth.............
Old 03-07-2006, 10:47 AM

just for fun..................

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=94787

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=93661

here is an example of dodges quality........
Old 03-07-2006, 10:56 AM

Look, for a guy who is "not trying to start a war", you're REAAAALY pushing your luck. I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with what you say. You don't know me, or most other people here, well enough to say what our reactions would be if someone bashed this/that/the other. Like I said, please give it a rest. That will go much farther toward convincing people you're not trying to start a war than keeping on and on.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by v8440
Look, for a guy who is "not trying to start a war", you're REAAAALY pushing your luck. I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with what you say. You don't know me, or most other people here, well enough to say what our reactions would be if someone bashed this/that/the other. Like I said, please give it a rest. That will go much farther toward convincing people you're not trying to start a war than keeping on and on.

There is no war...you were not involved in the discussion except for your smart *** remark.....so I suggest you move on...oh and dont threaten me.....I stated some facts thats all. you guys interpeted it as an attack on dodge...not me......i was not attacking anything...incase you havn't noticed I have one and traded in a ford to get it.................and I am not getting another ford unless they start using a better engine....until then I am dodge all the way.............END OF DISCUSSION!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:09 PM

I'm fairly sure this is a board open to all members. If you were in fact in a private discussion, you'd have most likely either been emailing or pm'ing the particular member(s) you were in the discussion with. Since that is not the case, please give the Edit up. It's really not necessary to get bent out of shape here-you said you weren't starting a war, and then kept on. I didn't make you do that, I merely pointed it out. I know that was probably a bit embarrassing, but again, I only pointed out the obvious. Don't get your feelings hurt, just don't do it in the first place if you don't want the obvious mentioned.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:31 PM

Dude, don't even get me started on lookin for links to show the 6.0's problems, that post would be longer than war and peace. You must be drivin a dodge for some reason, and if you really hate it, get rid of it. We're all guys with common interests on this site, and you can't come in here and bash that which we think is best.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Beeram305
Dude, don't even get me started on lookin for links to show the 6.0's problems, that post would be longer than war and peace. You must be drivin a dodge for some reason, and if you really hate it, get rid of it. We're all guys with common interests on this site, and you can't come in here and bash that which we think is best.

You guys just dont get it....I had a 6.0 I know how long the problems list is....thats why I do not have it anymore. yes the dodges list is smaller....but it still has a list none the less........thats all im getting at.....

v8440,

where do you get off telling people what they can and cant do? obviously your the one with hurts feelings. get a life and move on...I did........

MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE OR DELETE THIS THREAD IT HAS NO USEFULLNESS AND HAS BECOME POINTLESS AND HOSTILE.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:05 PM

Edited by Admin
Old 03-07-2006, 04:11 PM

LOL...

Getting the whole burrito now after messing with one bean.

LOL
Old 03-07-2006, 04:12 PM

To give this guy credit, don't rag on him for hating his dodge. That's not what he's saying. In fact, what he started out saying is correct-namely, that dodges have problems too. I don't think anyone doubts that-I certainly don't. I also don't think this thread is or should be a contest to see how many problems we can list for ford vs how many we can list for dodge.

As you no doubt see, there's a certain amount of brand loyalty here, as there is at just about any site like this. People are biased toward "their" brand. It's a fact of life, and it's probably not going to change. You should expect to get some resistance to criticism of the dodge, especially in comparison to other brands. I'm not saying it's right, but based on the fact that several people here have given you that resistance, I would say there's not much disputing it. Again, I'm only pointing out what's pretty obvious. I'm sorry if that makes you mad, but it's what I do. I think many if not most people would agree that this is a good way to handle things.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am embarrased by this thread, I can't believe it sank to the level that it did in such a short period of time. Obviously I have to add some new names to the "watch out for" list