3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

outlook question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outlook question

Ordered an out look monitor and it will be hear friday. What size tap do i need to buy to put the egt probe in? Any tips on the install from those who have done it? thanks. dave
Old 01-11-2006, 09:15 PM

1/8 " pipe tap
i took my manifold off to do mine, so i wouldn't get any shavings in my turbo
it wasn't bad, the hose braket took a little working
Old 01-12-2006, 08:10 AM

cool thanks. thinking about unbolting the turbb and sliding something between the two to catch the shavings. Then suck em out with a vac? Where in the manifold does it go? thanks. dave
Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you will want it close to the turbo inlet. you would optimuly want a 90 degree drill. I kind of shot mine in at a 45 degree angle because I did this at the inlaw's on chirstmas day and he did not have a 90 degree drill. it is not a must but I could not drill the hole right in the top of the manifold with a regular dill as the cowling gets in your way. I did not unbolt anything. I just drilled slow so not many shavings would have a chance to fall into the manifold. the greased the tap real good. vacumed the the thing before I started it. had no issues.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:27 AM

i kept mine on then took a vaccume and a magnet took out most if not all. Over all its really easy to install, i only run into problems with the outlook being very inacurate some times. for example hitting 60psi with stock turbo, or the egt's cutting in and out or the whole screen just turning off.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I mounted mine without removing anything. I did make sure to keep a magnet near and clean the shavings well. One of those pickup tools or a magnetic tipped screwdriver works well. Just make sure to get everything out. I have a picture in my gallery of where I mounted it.

As stated, you'll need a 1/8th NPT tap. Before you tap it you should coat the tap in kerosene since the manifold is cast. Diesel fuel will work too if you don't have kerosene.

The power line supplied by Bully Dog uses spade terminals that don't really make a good connection. Mine worked fine initially but loosened up and my display would change contrasts and flash occasionally. I went to a butt connector and haven't had any problems since.

-Steve
Old 01-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by blackdevil
i kept mine on then took a vaccume and a magnet took out most if not all. Over all its really easy to install, i only run into problems with the outlook being very inacurate some times. for example hitting 60psi with stock turbo, or the egt's cutting in and out or the whole screen just turning off.
What version Outlook are you running? It sounds like you might have an old wiring harness or maybe somethng is not hooked up correctly. Have you confirmed your setting on the Outlook to make sure the vehicle is set right? Are you Pyro wires insulated where they screw together? There is definitely something wrong with you wiring on you set-up. Call Bully Dog or the Vendor you bought it from and see if you cannot get a new one sent out.
(866) BullyDog will get you to tech support. They should be able to help you out.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:25 AM

i have checked every connection twleve times at least, and all as they should be. i assume its the new one since i got it three months ago and wasnt sure that they came out with an update since then. plus ive maid sure that its on the right setting for my truck. but i called bully dog and said they would replace it no problem, they have always been great about that. i have just been to busy to take my gage out and send it to bullydog.