3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Outlook monitor

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlook monitor

I got my outlook monitor installed and i have a few questions about it. It is adjustible on the fly, right. Well when i turn it to 0% power it still has the 130 hp (from what i can feel)and all the smoke is still there. Does anybody elses still have all of the black smoke on the 0%setting.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope. I don't run the pup, but if I put my Outlook on 0%, the truck will barely get out of its own way. I'm sure the dealership hates it when I do that to them when my truck is in for something. You know they take it out expecting to feel some mad acceleration while I'm not looking. Sounds like you may have a bum unit.

If your just revving up the engine while at idle or gunning it while at low RPMs, you will still get the smoke for a second or two. The Outlook is not defueling anything, just simply altering the throttle position signal to make the truck think your not stepping on the go pedal that hard. You still have all the pressure, all the duration, all the timing, the truck just thinks your driving like a granny.

Brian
Old 02-28-2005, 11:14 AM

My uncle has this same problem on his truck. I took it out and tried it and it did just as you say. I know that the people he bought his Power Pup off of said that the outlook was used in conjunction and could control the output, but I don't believe that to be so. I think the outlook is not compatible with the pup as far as adjustability is concerned. Maybe I'm wrong but I could tell no difference until I reinstalled the programmer and reprogrammed a different HP rating back on the truck.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:40 PM

The Outlook has EGT based defueling right? Will this feature work with the Pup? I have the Pup and was looking at getting the Outlook for this reason, along with watching CR pressure levels. But if they're not compatable it may be useless for me...

BTW, how big is the Outlook? 2"x3"?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:45 PM

Yeah, it has EGT based defueling. When I ran the pup the EGT base defueling worked just fine with the pup loaded. I don't run the pup any more and the EGT based defueling still works just as advertised. I went through three Outlook Monitors before I got one that I thought worked correctly. All of my previous monitors all had some kind of quirk about it, whether something was not working correctly or something was not working at all. My current one seems to be doing well. If I set the EGT based defueling temp to 1200 degrees, it will stop acceleration cold at 1200.

As far as rail pressures go, I think just about everything that alters the rail pressure lies to the ECM about it. Hence, the Outlook will see the same lie that the ECM sees. Regardless of what pressure box I ran, even the pup, the rail pressure reading on the Outlook was always within the same range. FWIW.

Maybe 3" X 3.5", give or take. I have a few pics in my gallery.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:27 PM

The outlook is supposed to work with any chip or programmer. The reason for this is that it defuels via the throttle position sensor I believe. When you reach your max setting it backs the throttle off in the ECM. Edge Attitude defuels the same way. I have installed a couple on Fords. You have to make a connection to the TPS on the Fords I would assume it is something similar on the Dodge.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Banned

I have heard this before some say it works fine and others it doesnt work at all. Bullydog will send you a new one at leasts they have taken care of my customers.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:35 PM

The power bar on the side should defuel it even without a module installed. I removed my power pup programming and just had the outlook installed and the power bar works just fine. You might have a defective unit. I just had them replace my Outlook and the new one is a little different. Meaning that the wiring harness is a different style. The wires are soldered into place on the back of the outlook on all the new ones. Bully Dog offers a full 30 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with the product.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:06 AM

OK CrashCade, I know you didn't think you were going to slip in under the radar. What is up with the Extreme Larry program? I had heard the rumor and have been checking, but haven't seen anything on it to date. It is released to the public or are you running a beta version? What was the final HP numbers, 200hp or 230hp? Did they up the pressure or duration or both? Details man!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 AM

AK,....no PUP?

Originally posted by AK RAM
Yeah, it has EGT based defueling. When I ran the pup the EGT base defueling worked just fine with the pup loaded. I don't run the pup any more and the EGT based defueling still works just as advertised. I went through three Outlook Monitors before I got one that I thought worked correctly. All of my previous monitors all had some kind of quirk about it, whether something was not working correctly or something was not working at all. My current one seems to be doing well. If I set the EGT based defueling temp to 1200 degrees, it will stop acceleration cold at 1200.

As far as rail pressures go, I think just about everything that alters the rail pressure lies to the ECM about it. Hence, the Outlook will see the same lie that the ECM sees. Regardless of what pressure box I ran, even the pup, the rail pressure reading on the Outlook was always within the same range. FWIW.

Maybe 3" X 3.5", give or take. I have a few pics in my gallery.
No PUP? What are running with those bad twins these days?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:46 AM

Nothing...stock power. I sold all of my boxes (I had a bunch) to help pay off the twins, everything but a VA C3.2 so I would have something for boost fooling. I'm stuck in the middle of winter right now which makes it nearly impossible to use much more than stock power anyhow, even in 4X4 HI, but I will admit the VA doesn't get turned off that much. So, I figured I would sell my boxes and pay off the twins since I really wasn't using any of them at the time. I think I'm going to go ahead and do some DD2s next month and see what new products hit the market when summer rolls around. I'll just continue to shovel snow until then.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:52 PM

It is available to the public now. I was running it a few weeks after SEMA. I am pretty happy with it. My truck Dyno'ed at Bullydog with 539hp or 549hp and 1019 tq on the Crazy Larry program. We didn't dyno it on any other setting.

Here is a link to the press release:

http://www.bullydog.com/products/tec...razy_larry.pdf
Old 03-01-2005, 07:01 PM

Hmmmm. I wonder why it is only for the 04.5 - 05? I want to play with the cool stuff to!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:39 PM

electronic wastegate control?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:30 PM

CrashCade,
those are some pretty impressive numbers. I wouldnt think that theyd be that high at the rear wheel. How was the clutch likin it and how bout the egts?????

Quick Reply: Outlook monitor