3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Outlook or Isspro Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FMB,

Your mount not staying on the windshield is a new one we haven't had that happen. I imagine you had some fumes from somehting like Armour All that were still on the glass even after you cleaned it! if you want we have extra mushroom tape that we can send you, it's a real hard form of velcro and it's clear. It's what comes ewith the mount from the manufacturer and it's stays put. I had to use a razor blade to get it off my glass!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had a cubby hole I probably would have done the ISSPRO's. I want my grap handle so 3 guage pillar is not an option. In may case the wife drives the truck a lot and as hard as I try to educate her I am still paranoid as she has a chunk of lead in her foot. I felt if I had done the 4 guages over the mirrior she may have ignored them.

So I went with the juice attitude route as you can set defueling parameters. I think you can do the same with the outlook. to me that is the main reason to run those type of monitors is for thier built in safty. I prefer the look of the ISSPRO's hands down as they match the truck.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Craig
FMB,

Your mount not staying on the windshield is a new one we haven't had that happen. I imagine you had some fumes from somehting like Armour All that were still on the glass even after you cleaned it! if you want we have extra mushroom tape that we can send you, it's a real hard form of velcro and it's clear. It's what comes ewith the mount from the manufacturer and it's stays put. I had to use a razor blade to get it off my glass!

Mark @ DPPI
I appreciate the offer, Mark. Geno's sent more of that clear mushroom tape and I had that glass cleaner than clean. I also didn't hang the pod for the first 48 hours just to let the stickum set.

The pod, once set, was real sturdy. The trip up to Alaska was not the smoothest ride in that truck. We went as far north as Coldfoot which is about 65 miles N of the Arctic Circle, about 250 miles N of Fairbanks (50 of which was paved). The pod survived bumps and bruises of that 6 week trip and a week or two after we got home is when the trouble started.

The pod litterally slid down the glass as far as the connections (wire and tubing) would allow it when it got to 104 or so outside. That tape was on the black portion of the windshield and even the black pod started to deform with a bubble about the size of a nickle.

Geno's was great about the pod and sent me an A-Pilar pod as a replacement. They said they have had several issues with windshield pods in hot areas.

BTW, I don't use Armorall specifically because of the silicone. It kills the catalyst on the wheatstone bridge in some instruments I use.