3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

OUT OF CONTROL EGTS Bully Dog PMT Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pitz
2.4.1 should have higher egts because of the additional fueling right?
Are you comparing previouse extreme EGT to Crazy Larry EGT's (still reads as extreme on the PMT).
No im not comparing different settings or even versions of software. This change took place when nothing was changed or reinstalled. It may be a bad pyro gauge. I just figured my idle and part throttle temps would have gone up as well if that was the case.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by claymeis
What do you mean by key up the cb? Sorry for my stupidity!
when you squeeze the button to talk
Old 10-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pinksa
when you squeeze the button to talk
HA Ha I figured you may be talking about a citizens band but I could not figure out what on earth that had to do with egts!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:10 PM

claymeis - what do you idle at? (degrees). if I get on the smarty she will hit 1500 in no time,but not at half throttle
Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 PM

well from what I saw with a stock turbo the egts would get way out of control on crazy larry. but thats alot of fuel for a stock turbo. I would say any hot program will get that way with not enough air
Old 10-21-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by smartyrules8563
claymeis - what do you idle at? (degrees). if I get on the smarty she will hit 1500 in no time,but not at half throttle
It has always idled at 350 to 425 depending on how long it sits at idle.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jwb600
well from what I saw with a stock turbo the egts would get way out of control on crazy larry. but thats alot of fuel for a stock turbo. I would say any hot program will get that way with not enough air
Yea, mine used to spike at 1600 after it was put on the floor but now it would get to 1600 at part throttle for sme unknown reason.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by claymeis
Yea, mine used to spike at 1600 after it was put on the floor but now it would get to 1600 at part throttle for sme unknown reason.
well sounds like you need a big turbo if you want to keep the program. you already have some mods so you might as well get a turbo also. they help alot.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:13 PM

What would be the turbo to move toin this case..?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Have you noticed any other effects from the PMT? Any differences in pitch, or extra noises coming from the engine. Is there any more noticeable power, or smoke? Is there anything else that has changed that you can recognize.

To me this sounds like a probe issue, or something in the wiring between the probe and the PMT.

If could be another issue, but if you haven't noticed anything that has changed, I would suspect that.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by BullyDogClint
Have you noticed any other effects from the PMT? Any differences in pitch, or extra noises coming from the engine. Is there any more noticeable power, or smoke? Is there anything else that has changed that you can recognize.

To me this sounds like a probe issue, or something in the wiring between the probe and the PMT.

If could be another issue, but if you haven't noticed anything that has changed, I would suspect that.
Hav no noticed anything else different. Im going to look at the pyro and maybe install a new one. We will se what happens...
Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 AM

claymeis, You know Buddy just sent out a new low boost fix? And it does help!
Like jwb600 said they do run HOT on the Crazy-Larry! Unplug your boostfooler and see what your boost is on the the PMT. If low PM Buddy he can get you fixed.
My next step is a bigger turbo or twins, The PMT BDTD and SMARTY need more air!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ramble bee
claymeis, You know Buddy just sent out a new low boost fix? And it does help!
Like jwb600 said they do run HOT on the Crazy-Larry! Unplug your boostfooler and see what your boost is on the the PMT. If low PM Buddy he can get you fixed.
My next step is a bigger turbo or twins, The PMT BDTD and SMARTY need more air!
Yea, he emailed it to me. I have tried to load/update it but can only get the touchscreen and im guessing the low boost to work whil the program is not installed. As soon as I install the program, the touchscreen feature is lost and the boost still only goes to 23. Im waiting on him to get back to me about it. Hes a busy guy! Im going to get a new pump then a turbo as soon as I win the lottery or rob a bank.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM

Mybe BUDDY will replie to this. I would like to know to.Im going to unhook my MP-8 tonight and see if it did change. Right now i only get 22-23 boost mybe it will read higher?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 PM

The PMT is just reading the value from the pressure box and boost fooler you guys have hooked up.

claymeis you will have to go back in and enable the touch screen again after the download. It is a beta on the touch screen so the engineer made it so it reset the touchscreen. We will fix that for production version.

What BullyDogClint said is where I would start. Try contacting our returns and replace the pyro probe and recieving unit.

Quick Reply: OUT OF CONTROL EGTS Bully Dog PMT Help!!