3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Other Turbo's

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
trx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other Turbo's

What's out there? I see most people on this forum running either a htt or an II turbo. I know these are both good companies with great turbo's and customer servive but would like to hear from anyone running other brands and how its working out.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I could afford some Pius turbos(compounds)....drool
Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
I wish I could afford some Pius turbos(compounds)....drool
Do you mean Piers compounds? Never heard of Pius...
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

TRX...

Man, I'm tellin' ya; hook up with Piers right there in Langley... he can show you some of the Garrett ball bearing turbos and have them customized to your application; twins too if you want them. If that is not what you want, he can steer you in the right direction as far as the II or HTT turbos too... there are other choices.
Piers is really nice to chat with and he's super smart when it comes to these trucks. Well worth your time just to call him.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soulezoo
Do you mean Piers compounds? Never heard of Pius...
nope I mean Pius...not to many people run his turbos..few guys on here and other forums but not many..
Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM

Yeah, Pius does an awesome job with turbo. I think he could be one of the best turbo builders. He is not really well know for pick-up turbos, but in the trucking industry he is very well known. He likes building big turbos for big motors. His stuff isn't cheap either.....
Old 05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
trx

Originally Posted by soulezoo
TRX...

Man, I'm tellin' ya; hook up with Piers right there in Langley... he can show you some of the Garrett ball bearing turbos and have them customized to your application; twins too if you want them. If that is not what you want, he can steer you in the right direction as far as the II or HTT turbos too... there are other choices.
Piers is really nice to chat with and he's super smart when it comes to these trucks. Well worth your time just to call him.
Thanks again soulezoo. I will be talking to them, just wanted to be a little educated first as not to waste their time. Lokking for info on why not more people are running the Garrett turbo's is it the cost or what. Let me get on the phone and see what happens.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:08 AM

I am interested in the garrett also. People on other forums have had good results with them. A member on this forum, Olywrench tried one and it didn't perform as expected. Regarding other turbos, does anyone know what turbo is DDP selling on their site?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 AM
trx

Ok guys somebody must have installed this BB turbo. Either its not working or its so good those that have it on are keeping it a secret. Need info please
Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by trx
Ok guys somebody must have installed this BB turbo. Either its not working or its so good those that have it on are keeping it a secret. Need info please
Well, I gotta keep the secret.. That's why I directed you to Piers... there are some myths floating out there on the BB turbos that scare some away, like less reliability, and then there is cost; they are higher in price no doubt. I mean, you can get an s400 for about $700-- an equivalent GT4292r is closer to $2k. Some other choices are much closer in price though. By the time you get a silver bullet, for example, an equivalent Garrett is only a couple of hundred more and spools much faster. But Garretts do have less than ideal Exhaust Housings... but that is easily overcome as well. Tell Piers I sent ya and he'll be happy to 'splain it all to you.