3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Optix Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optix Gauges?

I bought some optix gauges from Diesel Manor lately and the trans guage I installed has doesnt look all that good at night. It spotlights pretty badly, and even the pyro seems to spotlight a litte. Is this normal?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 AM

Thumbs down

I heard it was a problem for those gauges
Old 10-31-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spotlights?

You mean too bright?
Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 PM

XXL...what do you mean you heard it was a problem? Were these not the ones you told me to get? I thought you said Dipricol optix's? Even the diesel manor guy told me that it was a problem, but he didn't know if he could do anything about it. I then told him that he should include that info on his website then!

XLR8R....no not too bright, but shining upwards on the pillar giving it a funny look at night that doesnt resemble the other two gauges. The diesel manor guy was hesitant to return it, but ended up saying he would look at it in his lab but couldnt promise anything since it was now a used gauge! I was like......What the *******, and told him all I did was hook them up and it never worked right. I told him that he must have sent me a dud.

Im going to take it off when it comes to your shop, that way I wont have to stare at a blank hole. I should get it back shortly after your work is completed.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by XXLTEXAN
I heard it was a problem for those gauges
Yeah they are and they should have been tested before they were shipped. This is a KNOWN problem with these gauges. A little q control can save a lot of pain and postage...and these posts
Old 11-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm, I've never noticed that, but I've only installed the DiPricol gauges on the billet pillar plates... I usually recommend AutoMeter to customers.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:25 PM

I have the ISSPRO gauges...never heard of this? If they pull away from their seat they geat a little halo at night. I just push them back in and they are al good.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:49 PM

I didn't like the way the optix trans gauge looked/lit up at night, just didn't match the others so I got the full sweep and love it.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My egt is a little bright compared to the others, I dimmed it down a little more to help out. Still has more of a blue(ish) look to it.

Your harness has separate dimmers behind each gauge, correct? Have you tried dimming it down a bit>
Old 11-02-2008, 05:56 PM
P.J
Banned

EGT and trans temp have TWO LEDs vs, one in the other gauges, does that sound right to you guys?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by bigjohn04
I didn't like the way the optix trans gauge looked/lit up at night, just didn't match the others so I got the full sweep and love it.

This is exactly what I was told by diesel manor about the short sweep, that it wouldnt look right and to go with the full sweep. Just didn't want to spend anymore money, and of course now I think they should put that info up on their site! I would rather have paid the differenc than to mess with it again!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

I really need to get some better pictures, but I've not experienced any spot-lighting with my gauges. The EGT appears to match the closes to OEM, but they're all really close. There is some light that can be seen around the needle base if viewed from the side (like when getting in the truck sometimes).

This picture makes the gauges look funny...they match alot closer than what it looks like here...and there's not a blinding "halo" around the center in reality.

--Eric
Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 PM

is that 10 aftermarket guages I counted? Holy landing-strip Batman. Your cab looks like a cockpit from a 747. Flaps Up...Gear Up
Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
P.J
Banned

Eric, you need to dim those gauges, just looks like they are much brighter than your cluster to me.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by BossHogg
This is exactly what I was told by diesel manor about the short sweep, that it wouldnt look right and to go with the full sweep. Just didn't want to spend anymore money, and of course now I think they should put that info up on their site! I would rather have paid the differenc than to mess with it again!
I didn't want to spend the $ but it finally got to me and I bought it. To me it was worth it. It matches and you can actually tell what the temp really is.

Quick Reply: Optix Gauges?