3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Optimus v4.0 - HE'S DONE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm another one that has to say that I'm not so sure I like it all that much. I can respect the effort but I just don't understand where all that money went unless the installers got most of it... It is way over the top but there are a few trucks here that look about the same but with only a few grand into them.....
It's definitely magazine/SEMA worthy but given the chance to own it, I think I'd pass. I guess I'm just getting old.....
Old 05-28-2008, 09:39 AM

i agree there was a tastfully done mega dually on here that had way less cash in it and still looked functional and practical.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 AM

ill try searching for it and post it,i dont like the megas at all but this one changed my mind
Old 05-28-2008, 09:49 AM

wiggs...

You have to tow above 1800-2000 rpms on a hill if you want to keep it cool. There is just NO OTHER way to move enough air with out the rpms to cool 500-600 hp.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 AM

You guys that think his truck looks "overdone" have no style...

It's PEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFECT!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by THURENfab.
You guys that think his truck looks "overdone" have no style...

It's PEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFECT!!!
I Agree. Over the top is the only way kids.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 AM

Looks (insert f-bomb here) sick, Daddy Wiggs! Let's see a pic hooked to the new trailer.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:02 PM

Throw a gear vendor on there wigss and you will get your 8th gear and then some.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I'm another one that has to say that I'm not so sure I like it all that much. I can respect the effort but I just don't understand where all that money went unless the installers got most of it... It is way over the top but there are a few trucks here that look about the same but with only a few grand into them.....
It's definitely magazine/SEMA worthy but given the chance to own it, I think I'd pass. I guess I'm just getting old.....
Thats all realitive though, a couple grand to you might be nearly the same as 20grand to wiggs. He obviously enjoys spending his money on it so whats the harm?

I agree with the post above me, over the top is the way to do it! It looks sick! Spiked nut covers would look awesome on that truck!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:50 PM

Awesome truck. If it was mine, I'd do the longbed conversion, and a slightly shorter tire. The tiedowns in the bed look military as hell
Old 05-28-2008, 04:01 PM

I don't care how much money you throw into a MEGA CAB DUALLYthey are still ugly! I just can't understand that dodge couldn't engineer a better flare then a early 90s style. And if I was going to do all that work, I would of made a long box dually fender fit the short box. JMO.

Dustin
Old 05-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Thanks guys for the compliments and constructive criticisms!

I do think the spiked covers are the way to go and ABSOLUTELY KNOW that overtop is the ONLY way to have it done!

As far as all of the money; it's all about quality and workmanship. Sure you can just add a little here and there and get similar looks, but you won't get the small details:
Full Mylar Wrap, everything painted to match, plastic components changed to steel, all of the custom work with the suspension, turbo system, lighting, flares, body mods, etc.

i am a perfectionist and unfortunately completely unable to do the work to my own standards so therefore a lot of money must be paid to have people who will live up to my standards do it.

As far as the flares go, I think that standard dually fenders are so ugly and 1990s; the megcab flares (and especially mine) are so much more modern and stylish because they flare where necessary; not the whole bed like some portly waistband. It was one of the best features of the megacab dually.
I am very happy with the end result and cannot wait to start my next project in a year or so!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 04:15 PM

I figured that my issue was RPMs. That's good to know.

Question of the Gear Venders though.

I know they can't handle all of my HP, but if you are staying in your stock gears can you wail on it without hurting the GV or do you always have to baby it? I know i would have to take it easier when towing with the GV but i take it easier to being with because i am towing.

Also, I will have pics with the new trailer hopefully by the end of the week once the trailer winch, and electric tongue jack are installed.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:07 PM

Woah Baby!!! Where you been all my life darlin? (truck not you)
Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 PM

Are Th Wheels Painted To Match (body Color)
Or Powder Coated ?(straight Black)

Quick Reply: Optimus v4.0 - HE'S DONE!!!!!