3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Optimus v4.0 - HE'S DONE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mentioned that you have about a 1/4 mill into it? Kryps! Wish I had that kinda money.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
A guy here in Columbus, He could definitely duplicate them for whomever is interested; just let me know!
I am interested can you post or pm me his contact info so that I can find a price ? thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:02 PM

Very nice. Have you ever had him on a dyno?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:55 AM

I would have to second the black pipe for sure! Also, black out those lugs too. I do love a blacked out truck, very good work D.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Hey D. good to have you back. Love the truck, did you get the new front adapters to make the front a little wider.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 PM

You have got to get that thing to SEMA!!! I would love to see it in person. I'm sure there are a few of the many manufacturers that you bought products from that would put that in their booth, or out in front where the show entrance is.

NICE!!!
Old 05-25-2008, 01:42 PM

Thanks everyone! I will try to answer all the questions.

Flares:
I will contact the guy and find out what all is necessary to do them and how much they would run. I know that he took the factory flares and then hand fiber-glassed out the extension pieces. I had to buy another set of flares so he could practice and get it right but now he knows exactly how to do it. It wouldn't be THAT expensive. I will let you guys know.

Stacks:
I know that you can't avoid all soot, but when I accelerate on the road now, I dump massive smoke right onto the thing I am towing (with an open trailer) where as the stacks send it much higher and much less soot would get on what I am towing; that was my point.

Lug Nuts:
I want them black but since they are plastic then can't be powdercoated as they won't hold the heat. I need to find metal ones or find some sort of paint that would work. I don't like the chrome!!!

Grille:
It's a T-rex grille that was billet and I had it painted to match the truck color.

Dyno:
Still no dyno; since I just got the truck done, I haven't had any time to tune him or get him on one. I will this summer though.

Adapters:
They are great. They pushed the front wheels out 1/2" and that makes a big difference with turning. If the offset on the 22.5s were a little less severe, I would be back to stock turning, but I am working on that as we speak!

SEMA: I would LOVE to have it at SEMA, but I do not know for what company I should do it??

Any ideas?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:22 PM

You shouldnt be dumping that much black smoke under normal conditions even with 40" tires.

What smarty software are you running? If smoke is an issue under normal driving conditions then you need to change some settings.

I know you have twins and big sticks but its still possable be clean under normal conditions and still have 600+rwhp onder your right foot.

Try the latest Smarty revo download (NOT TNT) for everyday driving. The smoke was like night and day difference compared to my OG tune. " Before it would smoke all the time but with the new tune and 40" tires it has cleaned up a ton.

So try the new revo tune set it on sw7, tq2, timing 3, rp2 and keep that mp8 **** close so you can add pressure and hp when needed on the fly. Leave everything else off at first like your TST.

The Smarty has come a long way since you bought it and you no longer need to triple stack to make big power.

Doing this should clean you up which is a good thing

P.S Keep the chrome lug's because it show's the world you have HD 10 lug rims and if you painted them black they'd get lost in the darkness.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
D you should get some of those SPIKED lug nuts!!! JD put some on his dually and it looks PIMP.....seriously!!!.....PIMP...they are just caps..so you could paint those black to get the look you want
have you seen the caps I am talking about?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chw
factory hood??
delightfully untacky!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
D you should get some of those SPIKED lug nuts!!! JD put some on his dually and it looks PIMP.....seriously!!!.....PIMP...they are just caps..so you could paint those black to get the look you want
have you seen the caps I am talking about?
No I have not!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Emerald
delightfully untacky!
I know, it could use a functional hood scoop.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
No I have not!
alright I will try to find a pic....
Old 05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
alright I will try to find a pic....
Here some on a terd. Go to the forth page, third truck down on the left. (lowerd black ford)

http://www.cwdima.com/trucks/trucks.htm
Old 05-25-2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Armstrong Performance
Here some on a terd. Go to the forth page, third truck down on the left. (lowerd black ford)

http://www.cwdima.com/trucks/trucks.htm
close..but the ones i am thinking of are bigger!!

Quick Reply: Optimus v4.0 - HE'S DONE!!!!!