3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Opinions on Spirson 6-8" - pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about all the hype on coilover failures. I can see the reasoning behind the theory, but have yet to hear of a failure. I am running coilovers all the way around and they seem fine. There are numerous kits for the other brands too that run coilovers up front and I have yet to hear of a horror story (knock on wood). Although I agree, you can't go wrong with a call to Don.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the reasoning was not that it was a LIKELY failure, but rather that it was a DANGEROUS failure because it would cause complete loss of vehicle control in the event it should occur, however unlikely.

This was what Kent explained on one of his initial TDR threads (anyone remember "Racing suspension is here!!"?) Kent is known as quite a thrasher, and if a part is breakable, it will break in his hands. Because he can be, ahem, a little "tough" on parts, he ruled out the coilovers--especially since the performance of a his hi-po system was actually better than the coilover setup.

JH
Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
I think the reasoning was not that it was a LIKELY failure, but rather that it was a DANGEROUS failure because it would cause complete loss of vehicle control in the event it should occur, however unlikely.

This was what Kent explained on one of his initial TDR threads (anyone remember "Racing suspension is here!!"?) Kent is known as quite a thrasher, and if a part is breakable, it will break in his hands. Because he can be, ahem, a little "tough" on parts, he ruled out the coilovers--especially since the performance of a his hi-po system was actually better than the coilover setup.

JH
Got it, that's cool.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:57 PM

Someone should also tell that guy his wheels are to wide, or his tires too narrow!