3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

opinions please on a new box

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions please on a new box

ok ladies and gents, i am taking delivery of a 07 5.9 mega dually auto, and i want/need a box of some kind on this thing. My preference is for and edge juice with attitude but am open to recommendations.

any and all recommendations would be helpful.

thanks in advance...

oren
Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned

I don't think Edge has a box out for the 5.9 late 06 and early 07 models. I like Edges products but someone I know personally just bought a box from www.quadzillapower.com so I'am a little biased at this point.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quad or Smarty...

Shane
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 PM

Go with the Bully Dog Triple Dog. It makes the most power, with the free Crazy Larry upgrade and it works with Ford, Dodge, and Chevy, incase you might want to sell one day.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM

Bully Dog, hands down.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:12 PM

chip

I browse alot of forums and hands down the smarty is by mass opinion the best tuner for the CTD. It has the most R&D and happy users to follow it. Bully dog doesn't have the stuff behind it that smarty does, it is just what all the people that go to the shop and ask for a chip get. The smarty is the serious performance deal.
If your on a budget the quad is the best bargain and is of great quality, thats what I run, but if I had a 6 speed or a buncha cash i would run the smarty with a quad commander.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam Turner2
Bully dog doesn't have the stuff behind it....it is just what all the people that go to the shop and ask for a chip get.
Really?

check your info again buddy....

i run a 260hp program on my truck...through a bullydog programmer. Thats not serious to you?

I will not argue completely....the smarty does things the bullydog will never do or have the option to do.....

but don't put bullydog into the category that you did. its serious...trust me.

for what you are looking for with a monitor, get a Quadzilla box with the Commander.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM

someone just got served lol
Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Bd

Yes, the BD has great power and all that good stuff, but it is not the basis for a build of a full blown race truck, (I didn't say it wasn't a good downloader) It just isn't of the same quality as the smarty IMO. I would buy one over a smarty if the price was more than a hundred less.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

Yes, the BD has great power and all that good stuff, but it is not the basis for a build of a full blown race truck, (I didn't say it wasn't a good downloader) It just isn't of the same quality as the smarty IMO. I would buy one over a smarty if the price was more than a hundred less.
the Bullydog Crazy Larry is on two trucks making over 800hp on fuel only.

Quality...i can see that. Theres some goofy Bullydog programming.....but it works. Proof in the pudding.

Its not the average "go to a diesel shop and ask for a chip" kind of product...its serious.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Ok

heres the spill, Every forum I look at the Bd crazy larry and the smarty are highly debated. maybe i am biased to smarty for some unknown reason, anyways. if you want agood chip that you can use on a stock truck. the quadzilla standard box, or XZT as well as the diablo power puck and the edge Ez are basically the only boxes you can use to their full potential on a stock truck, without risking damages. The smarty, BDTD, juice w/attitude, predator, puck stack, ect are all potentialy damaging to a truck that is otherwise stock. yea the numbers are all basically equal, but who is the best is debatable, we don't wanna even bring banks into this discussion....
Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned

heres the spill, Every forum I look at the Bd crazy larry and the smarty are highly debated. maybe i am biased to smarty for some unknown reason, anyways. if you want agood chip that you can use on a stock truck. the quadzilla standard box, or XZT as well as the diablo power puck and the edge Ez are basically the only boxes you can use to their full potential on a stock truck, without risking damages. The smarty, BDTD, juice w/attitude, predator, puck stack, ect are all potentialy damaging to a truck that is otherwise stock. yea the numbers are all basically equal, but who is the best is debatable, we don't wanna even bring banks into this discussion....
haha agreed buddy. I didn't mean to bash you....just don't talk about bullydog like that
Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 PM

Yea, so ive noticed that people get particularly biased to what they run... i guess that really means that there is no box that is a POS, and there is a bunch of good boxes to choose from.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Banned

Yea, so ive noticed that people get particularly biased to what they run... i guess that really means that there is no box that is a POS, and there is a bunch of good boxes to choose from.
I have run a Edge Juice/A2, Edge EZ, Bullydog Triple Dog standard programs, then Crazy Larry and now Scary Larry, Quadzilla Boost Fooler, Smarty with mild, stock and wild torque managment settings, TS MP8, Quadzilla XZT, FASS pump, Glacier kit, snow stage 2 water/meth kit, beta boost fooler, Autometer and DiPricol gauges....i may be biased to what i run because i've tried lots of things and like what i have now. Still haven't gotten a hold of a predator from Diablo or Dr. Performance's predator...but im workin on it.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:54 PM

I have a buddy that has an 07. Put the triple dog on it and now he can't remove it. I would do some serious research before installing anything.....

Quick Reply: opinions please on a new box