3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Opie bypass kit sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Timinva
I have ordered more bypass kits so we will keep the sale going for now.
Homewrecker, I think I talked to you today but you can mount it anywhere in the radiator hose you want. Over by the radiator is only required for the guys running dual cp3s. Tim
It was me you talked to.Install went great!Gonna post some pics in a new thread for the way I did mine.Thanks Tim.Heres a start.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 PM
trx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a price please Tim can you shoot me a PM. Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 03:04 PM
chw

Tim, I would like to purchase the kit shoot me a PM with the price. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:33 PM

PM me also, please........Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Got my kit put on tonight... Hardest part is getting the plug out of the head. I had to use a cheater bar to break it lose. It was 35 deg. tonight, ran the truck down the road and thought I got it hot enough,,,,NOT!!! I had to run the dog out of it to get it hot enough to open the thermostate and clear the air pocket.... Not that hard though. I have had a whole lot worse. Nissan Quest van comes to mind...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Spooler
Got my kit put on tonight... Hardest part is getting the plug out of the head. I had to use a cheater bar to break it lose. It was 35 deg. tonight, ran the truck down the road and thought I got it hot enough,,,,NOT!!! I had to run the dog out of it to get it hot enough to open the thermostate and clear the air pocket.... Not that hard though. I have had a whole lot worse. Nissan Quest van comes to mind...
I have a question....or two. I think I know the purpose of the by-pass- to releive pressure that builds up in the water system(??), but when/where is the point when a person needs this set up?? My water temp stays around 200-205* and I've never had any over heating problems......yet.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:10 AM

The bypass does 2 things.

1. It prevents you from blowing the freeze plugs out of the motor if reved too high when cold. Namely, the one on the back of the head.

2. It improves coolant flow around #5 & #6 and decreases the chances of a steam pocket being formed. This is what normally happens to heavy haulers or modded engine folks who haul heavy causing a melt down of either cylinder. EXPENSIVE!!!!!

When do you need it.... Very arguable.... Anyone running 500 HP or above. I got it for peace of mind and the sale is a very good deal, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it yet....
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Tim can you PM me a price....thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Tim can you PM me a price thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
DTR Advertiser

All pms should be returned. Tim
Old 02-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
price please tim.. via pm thanx
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM

The bypass does 2 things.

1. It prevents you from blowing the freeze plugs out of the motor if reved too high when cold. Namely, the one on the back of the head.

2. It improves coolant flow around #5 & #6 and decreases the chances of a steam pocket being formed. This is what normally happens to heavy haulers or modded engine folks who haul heavy causing a melt down of either cylinder. EXPENSIVE!!!!!

When do you need it.... Very arguable.... Anyone running 500 HP or above. I got it for peace of mind and the sale is a very good deal, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it yet....
Thanks Spooler, now I understand. Now I gotta rake up some $$$.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always pull the t-stat and refill directly in the head and then reinstall and top the radiator off.Might be a little bit the radiator wont hold so I dump it in the overflow tank.Makes it alot easier to get it all back in quick.Maybe one crack of the radiator cap after its close to temp to burb it and good to go.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:08 PM

Ah, you have never had one that wouldn't burp, hence is why they put a blead screw on top of the intake on some vehicles LOL!!!!. I always make sure I get the thermostat to open, then I know I am good to go.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 AM

Tim. Please pm me a price. Thanks Tac

Quick Reply: Opie bypass kit sale