3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Older SMARTY versions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Older SMARTY versions...

Who might have a copy of the previous version of SMARTY programming from Sept 07? I am looking for either stock 07 Sept programming or After market injectors programming for Sept 07. I updated to the latest SW Nov. 9 and do not like it. I would like to get my smoke back. If anyone might have it saved could you PM me with info, I love my SMARTY just want my smoke back....
Old 12-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
there should be no passing of softwares. Shoot me a p,m tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
email sent
Old 12-06-2007, 06:58 AM

Sorry Bob...

I am sorry Bob, I made the mistake of assuming that the no SW pass was only for the Beta programs. I certianly don't want to break any rules or do something this wrong.

I just sent you a PM with my email address just to be sure that you have the right one, cause I did not recieve the e-mail you sent last night....
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
there should be no passing of softwares. Shoot me a p,m tomorrow.

I have seen this posted a few times, and just wondering why? Not trying to be a wise guy or anything.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wv7o
I have seen this posted a few times, and just wondering why? Not trying to be a wise guy or anything.
I knew that was applicable for the beta's, didn know it was for old versions of the standard....

For the beta's i'd assume that becasue they're meant for limited distribution and they're in testing, therefore want to limit the usage until test results confirm they work as advertised....

For the regular smarty files it's probably to minimize tech support inquiries if something doesnt work, wrong files sent for wrong year,...

In any event, if Bob asks for it, we should support the request as appreciation for the excellent service provided!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:04 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jgiachino
I knew that was applicable for the beta's, didn know it was for old versions of the standard....

For the beta's i'd assume that becasue they're meant for limited distribution and they're in testing, therefore want to limit the usage until test results confirm they work as advertised....

For the regular smarty files it's probably to minimize tech support inquiries if something doesnt work, wrong files sent for wrong year,...

In any event, if Bob asks for it, we should support the request as appreciation for the excellent service provided!
I agree totally. With the new products coming on line and the new files developed and all that, I am sure they have their hands full as it is without "Us" corrupting files and causing problems that creates flooded in boxes for Bob.

We agreed to these rules when we purchased or received the files. It is only our own integrity that keeps the process whole. I think it was this type of "sharing" that got "scarry Larry" out of hand for BDTD. I'll bet the guy that shared it is not on Buddy's list of "people I want to help me out".

I'd not want to be in that same boat with Bob. He has often demonstrated he is willing to let you play with the "goodies" as long as you do your part. That is fair enough for anyone.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino

Originally Posted by soulezoo
I agree totally. With the new products coming on line and the new files developed and all that, I am sure they have their hands full as it is without "Us" corrupting files and causing problems that creates flooded in boxes for Bob.

We agreed to these rules when we purchased or received the files. It is only our own integrity that keeps the process whole. I think it was this type of "sharing" that got "scarry Larry" out of hand for BDTD. I'll bet the guy that shared it is not on Buddy's list of "people I want to help me out".

I'd not want to be in that same boat with Bob. He has often demonstrated he is willing to let you play with the "goodies" as long as you do your part. That is fair enough for anyone.
Agreed.

I kind of thought swapping wrong files from year to year might be the reason, and the beta's make sense not to give them out.