3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Okay Major Problems With Gauge Install Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay Major Problems With Gauge Install Need Help

I HAD Edit IN EVANSVILLE INDIANA INSTALL MY GAUGES IN MY 04.5 3500 DIESEL TODAY. I TOLD THEM I WANTED DI PRICOL GAUGES WITH PYRO, BOOST, AND FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE. THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD DROP THE TURBO TO DRILL AND TAP THE MANIFOLD, WELL THEY DIDN'T DO THAT, THEY DRILLED AND TAPPED THE ELBOW AFTER THE TURBO. THEY INSTALLED AUTOMETER GAUGES INSTEAD OF THE DI PRICOL GAUGES, AND I CAN TAKE AND MOVE THE A-PILLAR AROUND WITH MY HANDS, ITS NOT EVEN TIGHT. AND GET THIS, I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR A FUEL PRESSURE ISOLATOR. WELL THEY RAN STAINLESS BRAIDED HOSE DIRECTLY INTO MY TRUCK TO THE FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE AND ALL IT DOES IS RATTLE AND VIBRATE. I PAID 525.00 FOR ALL OF THIS, AND NOW I AM TO SAY THE LEAST VERY Edit !!! WHAT SHOULD I DO ??? SHOULD I GO IN AND BE NICE ABOUT MY COMPLAINTS OR GO IN THROWING A FIT ??? I REALLY CANT BELIEVE THEY DID THIS, I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE JUST DONE THIS MYSELF. OH YEAH, AND THE PYRO DOESN'T EVEN WORK LOL

THANKS,

MATT

Edited by Admin. Making a post such as this BEFORE you talk to the shop you are dealing with is NOT the way to do things. The name of the shop was removed and your post edited accordingly. Talk with the people first, it may just be a misunderstanding between the salesperson and the installation crew.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:15 PM

Is there anyway to I.D. this on the work order, if yes I would make them take it all out and start over or get a refund. If not then it would have been a verbal contract and harder to get results, been there done that. That's when you have to make it personal. Sounds like a 1/2 Edit job they did on your truck, sorry to hear this.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:59 PM

If I get this taken care of, what is everyones opinion on the autometer ultra-lite gauges ??
Old 02-02-2005, 10:11 PM

I really like Autometer stuff, have the Phantoms in my truck.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:35 AM

I've had great luck with Autometer in the past.

As for dealing with the install, I wouldn't go in with two guns firing... You will likely get much better results if you remain civil and plead your case in a professional manor. If you present yourself as someone actually "in the know" about the products and proper installation, you are probably going to get along better with the guy than if you fly in there half-cocked and start barking about the wrong parts and poor workmanship. Just my $.02...
Old 02-03-2005, 10:50 AM

Kinda what I meant, just the other if they try to shaft you!
Old 02-03-2005, 10:55 AM

I had Autometer Ultra-lites in my last truck. I had problems with the EGT gauge and Fuel Pressure gauge. I would take it back and get the gauges you asked for. My autometers cost me twice as much as the ISSPRO gauges I have in this truck, and I think that the ISSPRO are twice the quality of the Autometer. I had to change the fuel pressure gauge three times and the EGT gauge had something loose inside that would cause the needle to stop working until you flicked the side of the gauge. Get what you asked and paid for...
Old 02-03-2005, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Autometer Ultra-Lites

I have the Autometer Ultra-Lites (pyro, 60psi boost, 140-280 trans temp). Had them on for 6 months and 12000 miles.

I have had no problems with the gauges at all. Not a perfect match to factory, the Di Procol look like closer match to stock gauges, but I am happy with the Ultra-Lites.

Old 02-03-2005, 04:52 PM

I have the di pricols with the same in dash setup as ramwheelsby4. They are almost a perfect match to the factory gauges. I would go in civil and ask to have it redone the way you asked in the first time with the gauges you wanted in the first place.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:40 PM

Take them to small claims court. Or make them replace the elbow and start over with the gauges you want. A little bit of advice, buy the gauges from on of the venders on this site and then take them to someone to install and give them specific instructions typed up and make them sign it. Thats what I do when I don't have time or if I think I can't handle it. But I would make them pay for it and start over.

Donnie
Old 02-03-2005, 06:40 PM

Go in with a cool head and talk inteligently with the folks. If they are any kind of shop they meet all your request. Good luck
Old 02-03-2005, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by BallisticDiesel
Take them to small claims court.
Donnie
No! No! No!, He doesn't live in Calif. with us and the rest of the lawsuit happy people!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by BPD239
the EGT gauge had something loose inside that would cause the needle to stop working until you flicked the side of the gauge.
How did you fix this? or did you. Mine goes up fine, but wont always go down correctly w/o hittin it.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:52 AM

1st gen Hobie...I found that trading the truck fixed the problem! It was a major pain and I felt the whole time I had the autometer gauges I couldn't be confident about what temps and pressures I was seeing. I could flick the EGT gauge and watch the needle jump 50-100 degrees in any direction. I had the fuel pressure gauge installed about 1 week when the first one died. Three gauges later it seemed to work....who knows for sure though because the gauge was failing so that when you started the truck it would show over 15 psi of pressure. The third gauge would sweep down to about 6 so I had to "assume" my $250 fuel pressure gauge was working. Not the kind of performance I would expect for the $$. I only believed what I saw on the Boost gauge.