3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Now for the power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air intakes?

Thanks OT-OF-HERE for the info. I have decided on the Edge for my truck. Will the edge smoke alot or hardley any? Also, how important is it to get a new intake system? Could I get a better stock filter replacement and "swiss cheese" the bottom of the stock air box, or would I benefit from a scotty ram air or AFE? Thanks guys.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 AM

Good decision

Originally Posted by 0425004x4
Thanks OT-OF-HERE for the info. I have decided on the Edge for my truck. Will the edge smoke alot or hardley any? Also, how important is it to get a new intake system? Could I get a better stock filter replacement and "swiss cheese" the bottom of the stock air box, or would I benefit from a scotty ram air or AFE? Thanks guys.
Before we get into your questions let me just say I have run both the Juice and the BDDL and as a matter of fact the HOT Juice and the CLDL so I'm not throwing cold water on BD in any way. I like their product, but for what you describe I think the Juice will work better for you. Having said that, You really shouldn't see any or just a tad of smoke (a puff) up through level 3. Nothing obnoxious or where people will be looking at you weird at the next light after a take off. The better the intake the better the fuel/air mix and the better the hp and economy. Yes you can swiss cheese the bottom and get you by with your stock paper filter. There is a huge contingency out there that think the paper filter changed more often is a better alternative, but Scotty's or AFE is really hard to beat also, but obviously your spending some bucks. Just drill the air box out and you'll be fine for the time being. Just my $.02 on the tranny thing. Any of the big 3 will put you in the right setup for your power/towing needs. But I recommend a TC lockup product something like the Commander of ATS's and a lot of others make something similar, but that also will make a huge difference in the shift patterns and ability to tow in lockup. I'm sure BD, DTT and Suncoast all make similar products, fyi. Later.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:21 PM

Thanks again for the help. I actully talked to ATS and DTT about tranny's and come to find out they guy I have know forever down the street from my work that I grew up with install's the ATS transmissions at his shop, so I will be getting an ATS whenever the money is available. I think for the time being I will swiss cheese the air box until I can get a scotty intake. Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 PM

For those of you that wanted to see pictures, I put a few up in my gallery. Sorry if there not the best quality (I'm learning). Will post more later on.