3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Not impressed with my 04 CTD 2500 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess you could use that same argument with, say a Ferrari...yeah, it's capable of 200+MPH, but since you can't do that on the road, what's the point of having it?

Actually, just forget it. Sorry I posted anything at all. Sorry I expected this truck to last longer/better than a non heavy duty. Sorry I bothered anyone with my complaint. I'll not bother ya'll with it or any other questions since apparently I shouldn't have this truck since I don't beat it into the ground.

Have a nice day.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4XRam
I guess you could use that same argument with, say a Ferrari...yeah, it's capable of 200+MPH, but since you can't do that on the road, what's the point of having it?

Actually, just forget it. Sorry I posted anything at all. Sorry I expected this truck to last longer/better than a non heavy duty. Sorry I bothered anyone with my complaint. I'll not bother ya'll with it or any other questions since apparently I shouldn't have this truck since I don't beat it into the ground.

Have a nice day.
lol, well you didnt say your were a female....post a picture and I am glad someone will drive to save the day......
Old 06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Well, what's wrong with a half ton? They're going to be much smoother.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:37 PM

sorry, I just assumed it because of that rant earlier. my bad.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4XRam
Posted earlier in the week on another forum, but like the subjects here better, so here goes...

As the subject says I have an 04 CTD 2500 QC 4x4. Truck has 49,000 miles on it and until the last couple months has been a great truck.

It's in the shop now because the rear pinion seal is leaking like a seive. The transmission is leaking where it bolts to the engine and it has a buzzing/harmonic at 70MPH highway cruising speed with an associated rumbling in the cabin.

I won't bother about all the rattles and clunks in the dash and the doors.

The steering is starting to get pretty loose with a lot of play in it. As I've recently discovered reading here about that, I guess I need to accept that these "heavy duty" trucks have crappy front ends.

This truck has been nothing but a highway driver. Has never been worked hard. I used 4 wheel drive 3-4 times since owning it. twice to crawl across some sand for about 100 yards and twice to pull a stuck friend out of some light mud (edited by admin 2-wheel drive Chevy Trailblazer, lol).

Needless to say, I'm a bit taken aback that a $40,000 "heavy duty" truck apparently ain't so heavy duty after all. Yeah, ok, it sucks parts are wearing out like that after so few miles...I'm not happy, but at this point nothing I can do but keep fixing it because I can't afford an 07 Mega-Cab with a 6.7L (as much as I'd like to).

Soooo...about this Thuren track bar and crossover steering....I looked at the Thuren site, but that setup is not even listed for trucks over an 02 model. Is the crossover steering even available for my truck from Thuren?

If so, any idea what the track bar and x-over setup would cost? If it's as good as I am reading here, it'll be worth it, I want a good, tight, good feeling front end (one of my pet peeves with most vehicles).

My truck is stock, although I would like to lift it (I'm thinking a 6" suspension with 36"-37" tires). I like the looks of the big beasts with 10+" lifts and 38"+ tires, but if I understand this lift stuff, that's getting off into a whole new world of expensive...

I'm not really planning any major engine mods, although a small boost would be acceptable (40-60HP). Again, monster power gets expensive with all the driveline mods to go with it.
I feel the same way as you. 67,000 miles on it and I have replaced my water pump, ball joints, u joints, axle shafts, sway bar end links, sway bar bushings. I have some minor suspension upgrades and minor motor upgrades and I have a plow on the truck but only plowed three small storms with it last year. I bought a heavy duty 2500 specifically because I wanted to do this with the truck. I have so many rattles, creeks, and other associated noises that the truck makes everytime I drive it. I just replaced my sway bar parts and I still have a rattle in the front. All this stuff has made me broke, and I am really tempted to throw a for sale sign in the window before major stuff really starts to break.