3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Not happy with Banks

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrsmokestacks
I have a banks e-brake laying in my scrap pile too, mine froze up from "excessive egt's" I never knew exhaust would ruin a exhaust brake
Might you have the O-ring left over?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM

i was bit by banks in about 2002. very expensive lesson. i feel i've got them back though as i've steered MANY new diesel owners away from their products. i've actually grown to enjoy disliking them. if they turned their customer service around i just won't know who to hate.

j
Old 01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by foolkiller
i was bit by banks in about 2002. very expensive lesson. i feel i've got them back though as i've steered MANY new diesel owners away from their products. i've actually grown to enjoy disliking them. if they turned their customer service around i just won't know who to hate.

j
You know, that is a good point!! They are kind of like the Patriots of the Diesel world right now...

No, I am not a Pats fan either...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tcr
His position is "Banks' Director of Technical Communication". I will bet that he WILL hook you up.
I wish I heard that name a few days ago!!

Well the good news is I got a new Pac Brake off of Ebay. I got the one that mounts right behind the turbo like the Jakobs. I know it limits me to my stock turbo but the brake will be out of the mud. I hope that helps. So now hopefully it shows up!!!
I called banks and canceled the order they werent to happy because it was shipped yesterday. So when it arrivies I just have to send it back for a refund. After his complaining I told him I was told the 26,27th of Dec I would have it. I did call a week ago and that was when I was told they were having problums building cylinders.
From here on out I am done with Banks
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

WOW im suprised this thread isnt closed!! it gives me a good chuckle
Old 01-17-2008, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel
WOW im suprised this thread isnt closed!! it gives me a good chuckle
Trust me this whole ordeal has been anything but funny.
I also don't think Banks sells trash, The Banks brake worked great until sand got into the air cylinder. Its how your treated when you have a problum that makes a great company.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 AM

Banks is usually a 4 letter word on most forums...we all live and learn
Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by RAMRODD
I wish I heard that name a few days ago!!

Well the good news is I got a new Pac Brake off of Ebay. I got the one that mounts right behind the turbo like the Jakobs. I know it limits me to my stock turbo but the brake will be out of the mud. I hope that helps. So now hopefully it shows up!!!
I called banks and canceled the order they werent to happy because it was shipped yesterday. So when it arrivies I just have to send it back for a refund. After his complaining I told him I was told the 26,27th of Dec I would have it. I did call a week ago and that was when I was told they were having problums building cylinders.
From here on out I am done with Banks
Actually, there are a number of aftermarket turbos out there you can still use with a turbo-mount brake. HHT's HTB2 and II's Phat Shaft and Super Phat Shaft series are drop-in replacements that allow for the use of a turbo-mount brake, though you MAY have to massage the firewall just a touch to clear the brake's actuator. I've been doing a lot of looking myself as it's time to upgrade my stock turbo, but I don't want to lose my Jakob's. It's been on there since the truck was new and I haven't had a lick of problem with it. Just thought you'd like to know.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dude
Actually, there are a number of aftermarket turbos out there you can still use with a turbo-mount brake. HHT's HTB2 and II's Phat Shaft and Super Phat Shaft series are drop-in replacements that allow for the use of a turbo-mount brake, though you MAY have to massage the firewall just a touch to clear the brake's actuator. I've been doing a lot of looking myself as it's time to upgrade my stock turbo, but I don't want to lose my Jakob's. It's been on there since the truck was new and I haven't had a lick of problem with it. Just thought you'd like to know.
Thanks for the heads up!! this is the first I have heard of a turbo upgrade while keeping the exhaust brake!!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by RAMRODD
Well I looked everywhere for the right o-rings and just couldn't find them so I call Banks and order the part Said it should come a on Dec 27th. Well still no part so I call them up and and they are having difficulties making new ones and are tearing up the o-rings (the part I need)
I did get the bill on the Credit Card which really makes me mad. So now I have payed for a part that I don't have, that I am being overchared for in the first place. I just can't win. The parts bill is for $480 and I am starting to think I might be best to buy a different brand.
OR what do you think would happen if came up with a device to open and close the valve would it wreck anything?? I think it might which is the reason I havent tried it yet.
AFAIK it's not legal to charge your card until the part ships.

It's unfortunate that you cannot get the current part to work. Perhaps a call to Jim at Pacific Clutch and Brake might help? 509-535-4696

He's a really nice guy, and may have a more cost effective solution for you.