3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Normal Turnaround Time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Normal Turnaround Time?

I sent Goerend's company an e-mail ten days ago asking what they suggested out of a tranny for my needs and haven't heard anything back yet...is this normal out of them? I understand that folks are busy and such (so am I), but TEN days? That's a pretty good stretch of time to keep a potential customer waiting.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Don't waste your time with email, you need to call them if you want a reply.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Don't waste your time with email, you need to call them if you want a reply.
Well heck, why even have the "e-mail your questions to this address" option if they aren't going to reply!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:59 PM

Or you can call Tim Barber for DTT stuff unless you just prefer the Goerand stuff. Tim is in Va beach and has worked on many a MidAtlantic DTR truck...
I have Tim's number if you want it....

I agree about calling though. I have found that maybe 5% of companies will return e-mails. Don't give us the option if you aren't going to return messages...
Old 09-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Id call Tim Barber (TRE). Nothing like driving down one afternoon and heading back that evening with your trans done. Also if something ever happens he is alot closer, JMO.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM

Oh and Im in manassas too so if you want to see what a DTT trans drives like, or have any questions shoot me a PM, Ryan.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Goerend's service is awesome, but ya you gotta call. I never get emails back from companies. I don't even know why they have the email option
Old 09-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Oh and Im in manassas too so if you want to see what a DTT trans drives like, or have any questions shoot me a PM, Ryan.
You have a "roughly 450hp" tune you can set your truck on? It would be nice to check out how the tranny drives and stuff, but your truck is twice the truck mine is! LOL Cool offer though, I might be lookin you up on that sometime in the future!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mcolectd
Goerend's service is awesome, but ya you gotta call. I never get emails back from companies. I don't even know why they have the email option
Nothing against Goerend or anything, but if there is a good DTT installer closer by to me than Dave and his shop, I would have to go DTT, ya know?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

Well how about ya'lls opinions for now...

My future plans don't exceed a 62 of some sort turbo, 50hp sticks and a Fass or GDP kit to help keep my Edge/Diablo EGTs down (so I would be around 450-500hp).

I don't race, do boosted launches, sled pull or hot rod from light to light. I just want a good tow rig with lower EGTs than I pull right now (I have to turn things down and sometimes OFF to keep them in check with the Edge) and I want better spaced shifts and less sloppiness (what I am assuming is caused by the POS stock converter). I want better lock up.

I RARELY pull over 10K but pull 10K pretty regularly when I'm down on the farm...so I just need a solid tranny to get 10K rolling and maintained better than stock...
Old 09-18-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Local advantage.

I second the motion of going with a local authorized installer. It's inevitable that something will go wrong in a modified tranny as well as stocker. It'll be nice to have somebody close. I had to travel to the Phoenix area when mine messed up. It was on my '99.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 PM

HOV is right around the corner from us too and he has a DTT trans with a slightly modified truck. We are all within probably 10 miles of each other...
Old 09-19-2008, 06:23 AM

Well I can turn all my electronics off and run on sticks alone and should be in the ballpark of 4-500. Call Tim he will tell you everything you need and what you dont, guy never tries to oversell you.

My offer is open to anyone in the area that wants to check out any of the products on my truck, heck it will give me a reason to drive it . Ryan.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Heck looks like we need to have a Nothern Va meet and greet, I would like to be on a first name basis with all the diesel heads in the area. Also good to know everyone for help when it comes to wrenching time. Anyone else????
Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Heck looks like we need to have a Nothern Va meet and greet, I would like to be on a first name basis with all the diesel heads in the area. Also good to know everyone for help when it comes to wrenching time. Anyone else????
I'm down for sure!

Quick Reply: Normal Turnaround Time?