3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

new valair ceramic-kevlar now rattles at idle bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well first off, no mechanic torques everything, just the important stuff. 2 hours could be done if a guy is used to doing them everyday.. I would rather a mechanic takes his time a bit more cause screw ups happen when a guy is chasin the buck and rushing things.

I done my clutch in mine in under 4 hours with just hand tools. They are not a big deal, IF you have a nice tranny jack. Mine is a 4x4 also. I removed the t-case too.

I have a Valair Organic with HD hub. Rattles like heck at idle. Doesnt do it past 1000 rpm or while clutch is depressed. My G56 also has a lot of rattle in low rpms. You can also hear the clutch disc springs at low rpms also, makes a bunch of racket. I use Amsoil fluid too. Doesnt bother me much cause its nice to have a real clutch in my truck. The clutch works great and now has a good 50k on it.. Getting rid of the POS dual mass has been the best mod I have done to my truck so far..

Carey
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the Valair single disc in my truck and as well in by little bros 06. My clutch has been in for about 25k on my truck and has became less noisey. My little bro's truck has been slightly louder than mine but like stated before when you go to the HD hub any brand of aftermarket clutch will cause some rattle. Id check out over on Cumminsforum as alot more guys over there run Valair clutches, plus you can actually get tech advise from Valair themselves.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your right,4 hrs is pretty normal. your not gonna save 1.5 hrs with a air gun there arent that many bolts.
i have done quite a few clutch jobs on 94-2005 cummins trucks myself,with and without lifts and trans jacks.
would you even trust a job that was done in 2 hrs?
id like to see the customer at the dealer when the service manager says"just wait your clutch will be done in 2 hrs;have a coffee" lol
the point of all this is someone said they can do it correct with a beer break in 2.5 hours..........ok.
im just pointing out that you cant do the full job anywhere close to correct in 2.5 hrs.
i never claimed i could do it in 2.5 or i was fast or slow or anything like that.

someone accepted my ridiclous bet and now id like to see it happen.
im willing to make this bet happen with some ground rules and some kinda legal binding contract b4 i fly to bfe texas.