3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

The "new" TST box..ideas when it will be avai?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "new" TST box..ideas when it will be avai?

Anyone know when the newer version of the TST boxes will be avai?? Thanks, Jason
Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 PM

The newest version is suppose to allow switching between early twins, late twins, and regular programs. It will be an upgrade from any TST unit. Don't wait....Get the R49 with adjustable timing, boost limiter, and guages...it is awesome and stacks with anything thanks to the timing adjustablility. ks
Old 07-11-2006, 02:51 PM

More than that.... the addition of rail pressure as well. Knowing Mark it won't be a radical increase, but He was talking of a moderate increase off idle and then tapering back as the revs come up. The next step would be a rail pressure algorithm to trim duration if rail pressure starts dropping too far.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:08 PM

If these speculations are correct, I'll be chomping at the bit for an upgrade!

I have long wished for the ability to switch between programs.

My best dyno's have been with the standard program. My best smoking sessions have been with the Early Twins flash, and the best driveability has been with the Standard Twins flash.

I've had the TST stacked since I got it with the TS MP-8, and occasionally an EZ. I definitely prefer the smoothness (and adjustibility) of the MP-8. The touchy nature of the EZ can be both frustrating and fun.

IMO the CR trucks need some increased rail pressure off-idle to get the turbo spooling better.

Sign me up!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=JCLeary]

IMO the CR trucks need some increased rail pressure off-idle to get the turbo spooling better.

QUOTE]

I thought the MP-8 would provide a boost off-idle?

I talked to Mark for about an hour before I purchased my TST and he said I would also have to send my injector harness back for one that has an extra pin in it.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 PM

yea i was most interested in the rail pressure for down low power...can you get one with the adj timing w/o the built in gauges since i already have gauges in my truck??
Old 07-11-2006, 10:52 PM

The MP-8 does help out quite a bit. It also helps the TST get fueling sooner because it shows the TST higher manifold pressure than is actually there. Tricky stuff, but it works!

It would be nice to have a completely integrated package, though.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:33 AM

Just turn that MP-8 up on high when you take off and you will get that off-idle fueling that you want!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by banshee
More than that.... the addition of rail pressure as well. Knowing Mark it won't be a radical increase, but He was talking of a moderate increase off idle and then tapering back as the revs come up. The next step would be a rail pressure algorithm to trim duration if rail pressure starts dropping too far.

Just curious, have you confirmed it lately? I spoke to Mark over a year ago and he had mentioned doing this, but later on told me he wasn't going to do it after all. He said he has seen too many injector failures from pressure and wan't going to touch it.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by lmills
Just curious, have you confirmed it lately? I spoke to Mark over a year ago and he had mentioned doing this, but later on told me he wasn't going to do it after all. He said he has seen too many injector failures from pressure and wan't going to touch it.
I talked to him at IRP about it, and he was running a beta version of the box on his truck. At the time his thinking was going to production versions sometime over the next couple months.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 PM

Thumbs up

I talked with some super nice lady at TST just the other day and she did say they were going to add alittle pressure in the up grade now it sounded to me you could turn it on and off and she did say little pressure and she did say coming soon.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:31 AM

awesome...guess ill have to hold out for a bit...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by banshee
I talked to him at IRP about it, and he was running a beta version of the box on his truck. At the time his thinking was going to production versions sometime over the next couple months.
I'm glad to hear that. I think it will be a nice feature to have.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
b/c I dont know... ya'll are saying when you are at idle - will the pressure be at its max in the rail and then diminish as you go thru the rpm range? Or will it increase instantly when the accelerator is depressed? I would really hate to have my truck with max CR pressure at idle constantly b/c most of the trucks life is idling and low rpm driving. Please help me understand if I dont have this right! Oh, and has anyone used a meter for the rail pressure? I have the cummins schematics for the stock rail pressure sender, I just need a gauge that will convert that signal.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2-Stroke
b/c I dont know... ya'll are saying when you are at idle - will the pressure be at its max in the rail and then diminish as you go thru the rpm range? Or will it increase instantly when the accelerator is depressed? I would really hate to have my truck with max CR pressure at idle constantly b/c most of the trucks life is idling and low rpm driving. Please help me understand if I dont have this right! Oh, and has anyone used a meter for the rail pressure? I have the cummins schematics for the stock rail pressure sender, I just need a gauge that will convert that signal.
the rail pressure signal would be manipulated under load. under different throttle positions it would bring the rail pressure up faster so that the rail would not drain as the pulse width and duration increased on the injector cycle. Then as the ecm starts demanding more pressure, it would slowly decrease the signal.

So to answer your questions, no the pressure would not affect your idling