3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New transmission

Well my trucks been sitting on a lift at ats for the past 4 days and tonight i fianlly finished putting the t case behind the tranny and wrapped the project up. It has the billet flexplate, input, inter., and output with the 5 star tc and co pilot, or stage VI. I took the truck out for the 30 mile drive back to my house and it drove great, nice firm shifts, nice hard shifts when you get on it. Couldnt be happier, functions perfectly. The co pilot wasnt installed tonight, thatll be tommorows project but even without it in right now its great, i wont be scared to crank the crazy larry on or turn the TQ management of, one really great product!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool!

Sure does make you feel good having a bullet proof tranny doesn't it!

What does the co pilot do for you? I've read about it on ATS's site but not sure what it really does? Is it practical for race type driving or is it a tow type application?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2006, 01:56 AM

Ditto on "what does the Co-pilot do for you?" I've read the website, but it just seems that it would be a lot of work to use it all the time unless you were pure towing or pure racing.

Mike
Old 08-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

well usually im hooked to a trailer or raceing lol. What it does is control tq converter lockup, certain speeds, and conditions etc.. and it makes me feel alot better that i wont be sitting on the side of the road stranded.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 06dmc
Sure does make you feel good having a bullet proof tranny doesn't it!

What does the co pilot do for you? I've read about it on ATS's site but not sure what it really does? Is it practical for race type driving or is it a tow type application?

Thanks

I wouldnt say "bulletproof" My ATS lasted about 12 weeks before it shelled, now it has been sitting for 7 weeks with no answers on when I am getting one back, I cant get ATS to return a call and I am severely dissapointed at what over 4 grand will get you, a truck that just sits there.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Banned

that sucks but i live very close to them and have condfidence that my buddys at ats will help me if i need it. Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned

DTT is my brand of choice. And i love the parts and service i get.

An upgraded tranny is like driving a different truck. I can't stand to ride in stock trucks anymore...i hate watching the tach sit at 3k rpms for the first 3 gears ........and still not be going THAT fast.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by elandon1201
I wouldnt say "bulletproof" My ATS lasted about 12 weeks before it shelled, now it has been sitting for 7 weeks with no answers on when I am getting one back, I cant get ATS to return a call and I am severely dissapointed at what over 4 grand will get you, a truck that just sits there.
For sure not the first time we have heard bad things about ATS...
Old 09-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luken
For sure not the first time we have heard bad things about ATS...
exactly why i mentioned how much i love DTT
Old 09-28-2006, 03:56 PM

I started to tell you about how good my DTT tranny is but realized thats not what you want to hear right now, so will just say sorry about your troubles and hope the ATS fellows look after things ok for you ......Good luck.......
Old 09-28-2006, 04:02 PM

DTT isn't bullet proof either... LOL

I've just heard enough stories about ATS from fellow diesel owners to stay away from them... If my favorite wasn't HTS I would go with G. Bros.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Luken
DTT isn't bullet proof either... LOL

I've just heard enough stories about ATS from fellow diesel owners to stay away from them... If my favorite wasn't HTS I would go with G. Bros.
its bulletproof for me!

ATS does a have a history....i actually heard they are currently in a law suit
Old 09-28-2006, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by funcruise
I started to tell you about how good my DTT tranny is but realized thats not what you want to hear right now, so will just say sorry about your troubles and hope the ATS fellows look after things ok for you ......Good luck.......

I really wanted a DTT but after 16 weeks of waiting for them to send my parts to Floor-it For john to build I couldnt wait any longer, my truck has sit for a total of 22 out of 52 weeks this year due to both DTT and ATS. Im ready to just go back to stock .........well........... probably not
Old 09-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elandon1201
I really wanted a DTT but after 16 weeks of waiting for them to send my parts to Floor-it For john to build I couldnt wait any longer, my truck has sit for a total of 22 out of 52 weeks this year due to both DTT and ATS. Im ready to just go back to stock .........well........... probably not
wow! with my DTT guy, if something isn't going right with DTT, he gets on the phone and magically within a couple of days it always shows up

If i was you i would have given up a LONG TIME ago!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:18 PM

luken what negative things have you heard about DTT? Oh, and while im on this thread..when you get a built tranny does your tow haul mod still work properly?

Quick Reply: New transmission