3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

A New style SRT-10 hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love it
Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 PM

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like it. Either the cowl or the sides, both looks too busy.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:23 AM

I like it!! Wish mine was that high!! Makes it look meaner-more aggressive.

I got my hood from a shop over in Fullerton which they didn't make it there, just a wharehouse. It's a hybrid fiberglass with plastic called duraglass...my hood/bumper cover is a knock off of the SRT-10. I got them down to $750 out the door for both. I found them on ebay a couple yrs. ago. I think they still are on ebay??

I gotta get my rear in gear and paint them with a hotrod flat black which will make it easier to maintain- the gel coat they used is flat black...

Sorry for the hy-jack...but I do like the op's hood better...wanna trade??
Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Mprracehemi, what is the shop in Fullerton?
the venom hood is a little busy for me too. has anyone seen a shaker hood for a ram?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 AM

I have seen a shaker hood on a 06 Hemi powered Ram, but I don't know where he got it from. I thought it looked ridiculous though, it stuck up higher than the venom, but only in the one round area right in the center.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 AM

i'm a big fan of the cowl part but not the vents. like others said looks a little to busy
Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM

You have to love it, just under a $1,000 shipped. It's 3/4" higher than mine.

http://www.jtsvp.com/specials.html

Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by diesel4play
Mprracehemi, what is the shop in Fullerton?
the venom hood is a little busy for me too. has anyone seen a shaker hood for a ram?
The name is creative auto design and I'll look for the ph # tomorrow. I checked on ebay and they don't have anything listed. I can't remember if I got a reciept since I pd w/cash and didn't pay any tax either.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:19 AM

thanks mp

The shaker hood I am looking for would be like the ones on 440 Magnum cars. it has a home-plate shaped scoop that originally was mounted to the air cleaner and was maybe 3 or 4 inches high. they looked good to me and were cool to watch when inside, well some of us remember those.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by diesel4play
thanks mp

The shaker hood I am looking for would be like the ones on 440 Magnum cars. it has a home-plate shaped scoop that originally was mounted to the air cleaner and was maybe 3 or 4 inches high. they looked good to me and were cool to watch when inside, well some of us remember those.
Can't find any reciept and I think I remember saving the ebay email with their # and addy. but ebay deleted it after so long...See, I ebay emailed them if I could do a pickup instead of ship fees and they replied with info.

The shaker hoods were an option for both 'Cuda's and Challlenger's no matter what size motor, except the slant 6 . IMO they look good on our trucks, too. It's your truck and you can do things to it to your likings...personalize it.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 AM

yup cowl is too high...not to mention the constant move and fluttering from air at high speeds with some of those fiberglass hoods. my friend patrick just got one installed and we went to cabelas boy it looked like it was going to fly off of there.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:35 AM

My hood doesn't move at all since it was built/made with stiffeners/braces just like a steel hood. I've had my truck well over 120mph multiple times....I didn't buy this hood for wieght savings as it's only about 30 lbs lighter than a steel hood, I got it for the style and didn't cost as much (plus a bumper cover) plus didn't pay for any ship.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nsomniac05
I was at a racing shop in Santee CA, when a gentleman pulled up in a truck similar to mine. When I asked where he got his hood, He told me he makes them himself at his shop. One of the many things he does is fibreglass molds and this is the only one like it. I think it looks much smoother than factory replacements, the inlet and cowl are larger and the vents are functional. there is a second piece of composite material on the underside that also helps drain excessive water that comes in the vents. He has recorded 20* drop in oil temps on his gas truck.
What do you SRT Fans think?
Dude I'd put that hood on my truck in a heart beat. I just put a factory srt hood on my truck. Wish I would have known about this hood sooner. But it looks great on yours
Old 09-01-2010, 11:24 AM

Since my original post here I have found an SRT10 hood for my truck. The guy had a real SRT10 and he was putting one of these Venom hoods on it. I got an awesome deal this one. I still think the Venom hood scoop is a bit high but hey, we all like something different. I'm happy with the stock SRT10 hood...
I've seen the shaker hood and didn't like it either. The one I saw looked kind of cheesy.....
Mine is scheduled to be painted next weekend.....
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM

Update- I got tired of waiting on the guy to finish and Paint, So I put it together and painted it myself. I found out that JTS hired him to make the hoods for them. whether he still does and ships to them, or he left the company and kept his tools, I do not know. He also makes some sweet fiberglass fenders front and back...I'm sure contracted out from another company. I'm not happy with the service I received, so if you are interested in the Venom, I would recommend going through the North Carolina Company. But I Am satisfied overall and I love the hood.

Quick Reply: A New style SRT-10 hood