3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Smarty Updates Posted x.11

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CoolumConst
Do I have this right. If I download the new 4.11 then I can not go back to the first program that came with the smarty or some of the other programs that I downloaded a few months back. My truck has not been updated by Dodge.

My understanding: If you've had your truck reflashed, or loaded a smarty file based off of a later reflash from chrysler, you cannot go backward...per Bob W and Triton's post, that's consistant.....Gus's Post on his 03 is a bit of a curve ball....as there have been several people post that once they updated on the 03-04.5, they couldnt go back to the beta 4.4.....so it's clear as mud....

IMHO if you have an 05 or earlier truck:

if you have the performance betas 4.(2,3,4).....wait for the new race tune to come out....
if you're using the standard smarty and dont want smoke, update to 4.11...
if you're using the standard smarty and want smoke, hang tight until the new race tune comes out....
Old 12-08-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by tritont
the beta are just that... beta's. They were given to a number of people in order for Marco to get feedback. The were by no means a finished product.

Any software that ends up on the MADS site is a result of the beta testing. The most resent beta is now a finished software that's posted on MADS site.... 4.11

There's no reason to be bent because you never got a hold of a beta. Anyone running a beta is doing so at the risk of having some sort of problem that hasn't been seen before.

D/C is the reason you aren't able to go back... not MADS.

quote by Bob .....

" Chrysler did updates for the 2003 2004 and 2005 truck which forced us to add their fixes to the smarty"
I guess I lost track of just what exactly a beta was. It seemed there were so many people who had it that it was being handed out like candy at a parade. I did'nt mean to come off as bitter. It is just unfortunate for us in the 03-05 camp that we are left with two choices. Stay where we are, or update and lose what we have. I understand now that this is Chryslers fault. I just wish there was some way to retain access to all the programs. But you know what they say. " You can wish in one hand and......" well, you know how that one goes!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 6-Pack
I guess I lost track of just what exactly a beta was. It seemed there were so many people who had it that it was being handed out like candy at a parade. I did'nt mean to come off as bitter. It is just unfortunate for us in the 03-05 camp that we are left with two choices. Stay where we are, or update and lose what we have. I understand now that this is Chryslers fault. I just wish there was some way to retain access to all the programs. But you know what they say. " You can wish in one hand and......" well, you know how that one goes!

Just be happy that Marco and Bob are trying to refine the programs for US, and that they are doing this in the best interest of our trucks. I can actually tell that my truck is running better, power is different, fuel economy has increased a bit, and its not hard to drive it light on higher programs.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:19 PM

"I just wish there was some way to retain access to all the programs"

Don't we all, it causes a lot of noise on the smarty subject everytime there's an update (either chrysler or MADS)....becasue everyone is so passionate about they're smarty / truck and don't want to loose anything....it'll stabilize at some point on either side and we'll all get what we want....
Old 12-08-2007, 12:54 PM

Thumbs up

Is there any difference between the latest beta and the program just released? My mpg has gone up, ain't made an official calculation yet, but the fuel gauge is going down slower.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 AM

I don't think so, I believe the 2.11b was the final touch. For now.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why everyone is so concerned about being able to go back to the beta tunes when there is a race tune on the horizon. It will be the final version of all the high hp betas that everyone has been running. It is a monster program that makes huge power for a long duration of rpms with low smoke and low egts.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
I don't know why everyone is so concerned about being able to go back to the beta tunes when there is a race tune on the horizon. It will be the final version of all the high hp betas that everyone has been running. It is a monster program that makes huge power for a long duration of rpms with low smoke and low egts.

I can and did go back but if i couldn't, it would have driven me crazy after having used 4.4 for months....4.10/4.11 is too mellow in comparison....granted, looks perfect for towing or snow / rain.

Looking forward toward the new race programs...that being said, it's a fine line....i'm all for the lower egt's...but don't necessairly want the low smoke (4.4 SL is perfect for smoke...only when you want it)....and definately do not want 4k rpm (dont want to do the supporting mods).....i'm assuming the race programs will be for the extreme crowd that have $10+k in mods....i'm stuck somewhere in the middle...i want agressive, but not phsyco...e.g. somewhere around beta 4.4....i'm hoping there's an option for the 4k rpm or not...
Old 12-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
I can and did go back but if i couldn't, it would have driven me crazy after having used 4.4 for months....4.10/4.11 is too mellow in comparison....granted, looks perfect for towing or snow / rain.

Looking forward toward the new race programs...that being said, it's a fine line....i'm all for the lower egt's...but don't necessairly want the low smoke (4.4 SL is perfect for smoke...only when you want it)....and definately do not want 4k rpm (dont want to do the supporting mods).....i'm assuming the race programs will be for the extreme crowd that have $10+k in mods....i'm stuck somewhere in the middle...i want agressive, but not phsyco...e.g. somewhere around beta 4.4....i'm hoping there's an option for the 4k rpm or not...
It's not NO smoke, just LESS smoke. And the race tune that I had loaded into my truck did not have the higher rpm parameter.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
It's not NO smoke, just LESS smoke. And the race tune that I had loaded into my truck did not have the higher rpm parameter.
I know it's not no smoke....i just want enough to get the tailgaters to backoff...
Looks promising for the option of the 4k or not then...it would make sense...

Thx
Old 12-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Well for an update, I'm currently running 2.11b sw 7; took a trip this weekend and averaged 20.3mpg hand calculated. (70-75mph) Egts were 600*-700* depending on inclines, but on a level run it maintained 600* on the dot. Boost levels were 10-15psi @70-75mph, wot was 35psi (perfect). The cruise control also seemed to be more well behaved, no surging or harsh coasts. The truck felt very strong, performed flawlessly, and everything looked good. Overall, I am very happy with the results (I haven' had over 20mpg since I had the six-gun).
Old 12-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmmm. Wonder if the 2.11b will fix the CC surging that I'm having with 2.10b.

MikeyB
Old 12-09-2007, 05:22 PM

Update:
converted from beta 4.2 to 4.11b yesterday. The 4.11 is smoother and so far increased my mpg from 17.1 to 19.2; less smoke....but the beta hauled more grassI wish for a all out race sw for christmas and a HTS tranny would be nice too.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 PM

The 4V411AD311C47.smt with Moderate TM adds back a lot of the low end kick with some smoke, but still smoother and less smoke than any before I have ran. Still not much rattle, less smoke and lower EGTs. Can't tell yet about mileage and I am running SW #7, so not expecting much better if any.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 PM

Just thinkin....Wouldn't it be cool to have a switch to change torque management levels on the fly?

Quick Reply: New Smarty Updates Posted x.11