3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Smarty Revo TNT

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rip 112
After hearing that its sealed the deal. Just gonna stick to the original betas and old tq management programs. I don't need all that adj stuff, I personally thought Marco had those programs tuned very nicely. I guess I can understand the adjustability of the newer stuff, just don't want to lose the good ol days.
I agree. I am not even messing with it. Can't really seem to get answers anymore so I will just stay with what I have. Thanks guys.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Nope, surge is still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:07 AM

Man, thats a bummer. I'm with you guys. I'll leave well enough alone. I have my truck running as good as it did on 4.4, but with lower RP. My only complaint is a little smoke off the line that cleans up about @ about 15# of boost.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 AM

Whats the surge you guys are experiencing? Also why is it prone to 07 models?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by chadder1313
Whats the surge you guys are experiencing? Also why is it prone to 07 models?
Turbo surge. You can hear it and feel it when you step on it!!! Switch to standard revo and no surge at all but the TNT power is not there. I cant see it being any other issue than a programming issue because I have the fuel mods...
Old 03-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Must be something with the software for the 07 trucks. My 04.5 likes TNT, & I can run it on SW9 RP2 no problem. And I have the stock CP-3, & sticks.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
tcr

Originally Posted by JJPage
Are you sure? The new TNT has the latest Chrysler flashes, if you load that, then try to go back, I understand you will get a "unable to recognize software" message.

BBRam on Cummins forum had this happen with his 03, it's the main reason I have not loaded my TNTR yet. These older programs do not have the latest Chrysler flashes, that why they are not recognized once upgraded to the newer software.

Rip 112, I am getting conflicting reports from 03/04 owners, you are stating that you can load the latest Mads software, and still go back to the beta's?

I have also read that if you load a Bully Dog tune, between the old and new Smarty software, then it will take.

I am not being confrontational here, I finally got my original TNT software tuned on my 03, and I can go back to the beta's 411, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4.

I would be quite disapointed to load the TNTR, have it behave badly, and not be able to go back. Jess
I have gone back and forth many times. I also use two Smartys, an S06 for betas and a POD for Revo tunes.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:50 PM

Is there anyway i can get ahold of the old beta's?
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 AM

I just don't understand how my truck works perfect with the standard revo but surges like crazy with the TNT. I'm wondering what would make the surging happen???
Old 04-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I just don't understand how my truck works perfect with the standard revo but surges like crazy with the TNT. I'm wondering what would make the surging happen???
Have you tried lowering the Torque Management to 1, and then reloading the SW# that you were previously running?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Have you tried lowering the Torque Management to 1, and then reloading the SW# that you were previously running?
It's a turbo surge not a transmission surge.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
all the lower rpm fueling of TNT overwhelms the turbo (small turbine for the fuel) overspins the compressor, you get too much air, the compressor stalls and you start the process over again...surge... cam and larger turbine/exhaust housing will control that... or just use regular revo.

It really isn't a programming issue. It is an issue of the mods you have are not up to the programming. Just my HO. Take it for what it is worth.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:32 PM

It's a turbo surge not a transmission surge.
If you select a lower Torque Management ie ("1"), you will cut most of the Low end Fueling. By cutting the Low end fueling, it will cause the fueling curve to ramp at a slower rate. By doing this, it will spool the Turbo in a less erratic fashion...
Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
all the lower rpm fueling of TNT overwhelms the turbo (small turbine for the fuel) overspins the compressor, you get too much air, the compressor stalls and you start the process over again...surge... cam and larger turbine/exhaust housing will control that... or just use regular revo.

It really isn't a programming issue. It is an issue of the mods you have are not up to the programming. Just my HO. Take it for what it is worth.
What settings do you think I should try?
The crazy part is that there are 2 trucks that are stock except for a FASS and are running the TNT #9 with no surge... That's why just can't figure things out???
Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor
If you select a lower Torque Management ie ("1"), you will cut most of the Low end Fueling. By cutting the Low end fueling, it will cause the fueling curve to ramp at a slower rate. By doing this, it will spool the Turbo in a less erratic fashion...
Even at WOT on the highway it does it. It's worth a try though. Thanks for the idea. I'm up to trying anything.
The crazy part is that there are 2 trucks that are stock except for a FASS and are running the TNT #9 with no surge... That's why just can't figure things out???

Quick Reply: New Smarty Revo TNT