3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Silent Fass Pumps!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Here ya go:

Well we have some very exciting news about what we have been working on the past few months. We have had a breakthrough with our R&D. We have found a way to lower pump noise up to 11 decibels from our testing. Our fuel pumps are consistently much quieter. For Example: Brads truck. He has a 2006 Dodge 3500. With the engine off and the windows down sitting in the cab, you can not hear the FASS running. So you can imagine with the engine running, the pump can’t be heard at all.

Granted, most of the pumps we released were quiet. We have seen some of you wish that your pumps were a bit quieter. We have listened and now have a program to reduce the noise. Here are the details:

For those with a seal on your pump (Lead seal and wire between the two horizontal motor bolts on the HPFP base or T-Block assembly of the FASS System. We have record of what pumps have seals and what pumps do not.), you will need to send in your upper half of your pump for the update if it is a FASS. The unit does not need to be removed from the truck to remove the T-Block portion. HPFP's can be sent in as is. We do not want seals to be broken by anyone outside of our shop. If this happens, warranty will be void on that unit. We understand that this is an inconvenience (This is one of the reasons why we adjusted our warranty policy that is discussed later in this post) and this update will not cost anything but the initial shipping to send it to us. We will do what is necessary to make sure your pump is quieter when it is returned. We will run full tests to ensure a healthy pump. What we will need to accompany the pump is the following information:

-Serial Number of pump
-Name
-Correct Return Address (No P.O. Boxes)
-Put Number 2007-10,000 on outside of box

Please send in the full HPFP, with no fittings and mounting brackets installed.

We only need the upper half of the FASS system to be sent in.

This is the portion directly above the water separator that bolts to the filter base. It’s held on by 4 vertical (Up and Down) bolts, not the 4 horizontal (Left to Right) bolts with the seal! Removed this portion and send in to us for the update.

For those without the seals on the pump, we give you two options. You can send in your pump like above or purchase an update kit for $15.00. This includes everything needed to update the pump in about 30-45 minutes. The order will be processed and an update kit will be drop shipped directly to you. Very simple. Instructions will have more details about tools needed and what’s involved. What you will need to do is send in a $15.00 Check or money order to:

Diesel Performance Products
ATTN: Noise Update #2007-10,000
16240 Hwy O, Suite B
Marthasville, MO 63357

Include the following information:

-Serial Number of pump
-Name
-Correct Return Address (No P.O. Boxes)

Lastly, we are so confident in the changes we have made to improve the FASS/HPFP in the past year that we have decided to increase the warranty from 4 years to 6 years!! But this is not for just the new units being released or units being updated. This will be back dated to pump sold to July 2005. The serial number brakes are as follows:

95 Series FASS System: - ALL
150 Series FASS Systems: - Serial Numbers Back to 5,000
HPFP Models: - Serial Numbers Back to 1,000

We understand there are other options for fuel pumps on the market and appreciate your loyalty to our product. We are constantly improving and refining our pump to be the best on the market. This program and warranty upgrade is a way to say thanks for sticking with us. Here's to a New Year!
How long if i overnited the pump to get it back? thanx scott
Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 AM

We only cover the cost of Gnd shipping from 63357. If you wanted to have it any faster, the extra cost will need to be covered by the customer.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:57 PM

Dan,
The FASS system that I got within the last couple of weeks is loud and I'm wondering why. I was told that all of the pumps that were being shipped out were the quiet pumps. Not this one!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 PM

is it a long process would like it over nighted also and will pay shipping am I down a week or ?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM

dan are the older pumps made about 3-4 years ago covered? it a 150, one of the first out there. also how can i up the pressure in it?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 AM

Is there a phone number or somebody I can talk to or do I just simply send in my pump (95gph pump only) to above address w/out any conformation from anybody? I bought pump through group purchase from another site so I really don't have a "dealer". Tried sending pm to diesel dan but he doesn't accept pm's. Would really like to quiet this pump down some due to the fact that I'm getting tired of people asking me "whats that noise?".
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by lowboy18011
Is there a phone number or somebody I can talk to or do I just simply send in my pump (95gph pump only) to above address w/out any conformation from anybody? I bought pump through group purchase from another site so I really don't have a "dealer". Tried sending pm to diesel dan but he doesn't accept pm's. Would really like to quiet this pump down some due to the fact that I'm getting tired of people asking me "whats that noise?".
Everything you need to know about getting your pump here to me is covered above. Use the RMA: 2007-10,000 and that will let me know its #1 on my list of things to get done that day.

I have gotten every single pump that showed up in the morn out that afternoon so far. (Short of any weather delays that effected UPS)

If you need overnight return shipping, Make sure I have a reliable contact number to get in touch with you.

DirtEater,
What is your SN?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by powerstrokin03
dan are the older pumps made about 3-4 years ago covered? it a 150, one of the first out there. also how can i up the pressure in it?
This is open to ANY of our pumps.......
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM

DirtEater,
What is your SN?
Dan,
The number "8922" is handwritten in blue ink on the warranty form included with the kit.

Thanks,
Terry
Old 02-23-2007, 03:38 PM

I was told by my performance shop only the 150 series were loud and the 95's were always quite. Is this true?
Old 02-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lark
I was told by my performance shop only the 150 series were loud and the 95's were always quite. Is this true?
I think what they meant was the 150 GPH were louder than the 95 GPH. This is true, even with the quiet pumps. BUT on a very differnt level from before! Series number has nothing to do with noise....both the 150 series and 95 series use the same pumps.

Krum, Texas.....can't count the times been down Hwy 156 headed to Ponder/Dish to work on a truck.....Miguelitos is awesome!

I'll PM you some info Dirteater.......
Old 02-23-2007, 04:33 PM

I'll PM you some info Dirteater.......
Thanks, I got it. Can you PM me a phone numer too?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:34 PM

I think what they meant was the 150 GPH were louder than the 95 GPH. This is true, even with the quiet pumps. BUT on a very differnt level from before! Series number has nothing to do with noise....both the 150 series and 95 series use the same pumps.

Krum, Texas.....can't count the times been down Hwy 156 headed to Ponder/Dish to work on a truck.....Miguelitos is awesome!
So I take it you're applying the new "quite" updates to both the 95 AND 150 pumps?

Miguelitos sounds good tonight...think we may walk over there for dinner in a bit.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lark
So I take it you're applying the new "quite" updates to both the 95 AND 150 pumps?

Miguelitos sounds good tonight...think we may walk over there for dinner in a bit.
Yeah.....and dude...you killing me here!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:37 PM

Seeing I can't send you a P.M. Dan, my pump is very loud. I have installed the pick up tube and this didn't quiet it up. Everything else works very well exept for the noise. My serial number is 292 and it's a 95/150 system. Do I have to send my pump away or can I fix it myself??? My truck is driven for work everyday and I can't afford to have it sit for 2 weeks. What are my options??? Did you want me to call PDR and talk to Harry??? Thanks Dan....

Quick Reply: New Silent Fass Pumps!