3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Silent Fass Pumps!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here...
Old 01-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Here ya go:

Well we have some very exciting news about what we have been working on the past few months. We have had a breakthrough with our R&D. We have found a way to lower pump noise up to 11 decibels from our testing. Our fuel pumps are consistently much quieter. For Example: Brads truck. He has a 2006 Dodge 3500. With the engine off and the windows down sitting in the cab, you can not hear the FASS running. So you can imagine with the engine running, the pump can’t be heard at all.

Granted, most of the pumps we released were quiet. We have seen some of you wish that your pumps were a bit quieter. We have listened and now have a program to reduce the noise. Here are the details:

For those with a seal on your pump (Lead seal and wire between the two horizontal motor bolts on the HPFP base or T-Block assembly of the FASS System. We have record of what pumps have seals and what pumps do not.), you will need to send in your upper half of your pump for the update if it is a FASS. The unit does not need to be removed from the truck to remove the T-Block portion. HPFP's can be sent in as is. We do not want seals to be broken by anyone outside of our shop. If this happens, warranty will be void on that unit. We understand that this is an inconvenience (This is one of the reasons why we adjusted our warranty policy that is discussed later in this post) and this update will not cost anything but the initial shipping to send it to us. We will do what is necessary to make sure your pump is quieter when it is returned. We will run full tests to ensure a healthy pump. What we will need to accompany the pump is the following information:

-Serial Number of pump
-Name
-Correct Return Address (No P.O. Boxes)
-Put Number 2007-10,000 on outside of box

Please send in the full HPFP, with no fittings and mounting brackets installed.

We only need the upper half of the FASS system to be sent in.

This is the portion directly above the water separator that bolts to the filter base. It’s held on by 4 vertical (Up and Down) bolts, not the 4 horizontal (Left to Right) bolts with the seal! Removed this portion and send in to us for the update.

For those without the seals on the pump, we give you two options. You can send in your pump like above or purchase an update kit for $15.00. This includes everything needed to update the pump in about 30-45 minutes. The order will be processed and an update kit will be drop shipped directly to you. Very simple. Instructions will have more details about tools needed and what’s involved. What you will need to do is send in a $15.00 Check or money order to:

Diesel Performance Products
ATTN: Noise Update #2007-10,000
16240 Hwy O, Suite B
Marthasville, MO 63357

Include the following information:

-Serial Number of pump
-Name
-Correct Return Address (No P.O. Boxes)

Lastly, we are so confident in the changes we have made to improve the FASS/HPFP in the past year that we have decided to increase the warranty from 4 years to 6 years!! But this is not for just the new units being released or units being updated. This will be back dated to pump sold to July 2005. The serial number brakes are as follows:

95 Series FASS System: - ALL
150 Series FASS Systems: - Serial Numbers Back to 5,000
HPFP Models: - Serial Numbers Back to 1,000

We understand there are other options for fuel pumps on the market and appreciate your loyalty to our product. We are constantly improving and refining our pump to be the best on the market. This program and warranty upgrade is a way to say thanks for sticking with us. Here's to a New Year!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:07 AM

I ran the fass 95gph pump on my truck it sounded like a grinder under the bed, I wont buy their product again was not pleased with it. It blew a fuse that got wet underneath my truck and I was lucky I was close to home.
All my buddies hate their fass pumps and dpp has no customer service.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jwb600
I ran the fass 95gph pump on my truck it sounded like a grinder under the bed, I wont buy their product again was not pleased with it. It blew a fuse that got wet underneath my truck and I was lucky I was close to home.
AND im guessing you gave us a fair chance to help you with your issue? Did you talk to your dealer? Post a question on here for me to answer? Why do you/they hate your/their pump(s)?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been running the FASS HPFP for 1 1/2 year and LOVE IT! Not one single FP problem/issue since new. I don't know what all problems you and your friends had, but I know several people who have them and think it's the greatest fuel mod they have added to the trucks.

Fuse under the truck? Mine is under the hood..............
Old 01-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Ive got a friend you can call and get his opinion on the fass pumps. He has a bone stock 01 and his went out in a little over a year. It was installed by TST products not unskilled ppl. He called dpp the co. and talked to a woman and told him they had nobody to talk to about his problems.
He did not fill out the warranty papers which he should have but as much as these pumps cost they should last longer than they do. He had to purchase a whole new kit just to get a new pump. So now he has over 800 in 2 fass pumps just to have one that works. His truck is not abused either. I bet its the one of cleanest 01 dodges you have ever seen.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Chapter President

Not just the FASS, but you can read through the threads here and find many, many cases on almost all products where there has been a failure. Be it the product, the installer or whatever, it happens.

I'm sorry you had problems with yours, but electro/mechanical, electric, or mechanical.............they all have failures.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:16 PM

its not your fault its just the point of you invest big money in this stuff and it fails it gets old
Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM

I had the 150 FASS and ya I could hear it but it wasn't that bad. I couldn't hear it over the 24v at all.
I do think the way you mount it has ALLOT to do with the noise.

Also never had a problem with it, ran great for almost 100K till I sold the truck.
dan
Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Chapter President

its not your fault its just the point of you invest big money in this stuff and it fails it gets old
True, been there.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Diesel Dan-
I have a question. how do you know if you need to send in your pump? by the serial number? I have a FASS 200 that is quite noisy, and I would like to quiet it down as much as possible

thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by WUnderwood
Diesel Dan-
I have a question. how do you know if you need to send in your pump? by the serial number? I have a FASS 200 that is quite noisy, and I would like to quiet it down as much as possible

thanks
This is open to pretty much any pump. Like i was saying on another forum, the 200 GPH are going to make some noise...but we can make them more tolerable. On these pumps, with or without the seal, I would recommend sending into us so we can get it as quiet as possible on the bench.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my 95gph pump is noisy as hell ( i do not have any cavitation!) but i am not going to go through the hassle of unbolting it,etc and having my truck down for a few days to get the pump updated. i'll live with it.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Yeah same here, I cannot afford the down time but I can live with it. I am not displeased with my FASS 150 but I think I might have missed the cutoff for the warranty I hope you will still take it its been about a month or so. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by tristan21
Yeah same here, I cannot afford the down time but I can live with it. I am not displeased with my FASS 150 but I think I might have missed the cutoff for the warranty I hope you will still take it its been about a month or so. Thanks.
Get it to me with a copy of the sales order and we will see what we can do......

Quick Reply: New Silent Fass Pumps!