3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

NEW From Quadzilla "The Ultimate Controller" Coming Soon to the DTR Performance Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by T1h5 Ta3

is it just me or are we dancing around this?
No pricing yet, date is still shooting for late December but as you can see by Quads post, they are making sure it is perfect before release.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
No pricing yet, date is still shooting for late December but as you can see by Quads post, they are making sure it is perfect before release.

If I am out of line, correct me or let me know, but I can tell you what I know right now.

Expected pricing is $399. This gets you a stand alone gauge that will read egt, boost, trans temp, and one other parameter ie. water temp, rail pressure, or rpm. This is not necessarily exactly the choices, but an example. There could be more or less, that is not in stone. It also includes mounting hardware, hardware for tranny temp and the thermocouple and leadwire. It also includes the needed items to control and de-fuel our Xzillaraider modules and probably a few other similar type modules.

There will also be a fuel pressure kit. This will include the sender and necessary hardware to monitor the low side of the fuel pressure. It will be an extra cost (as inexpensive as possible without sacrificing quality). This price has not been set yet as we are still working with a couple of sender manufactures.

The above product should be available sometime in January, say at the end. It could have more features, but the above is the minimum I need finished and tested

Now with that said there are many other things the module will do. Some of this info has been released, some of it is still in development. If more things are finished and tested they will be released on the first revision.

All the new monitor are upgradable by the end user provided you have the correct USB cable and internet access and a semi-modern computer. I am assuming if you are reading this post you will be able to update your monitor as we release features.

Some additional features will require additional hardware. The hardware is not free, but the software update to allow it will be. There are so many things we can do with this monitor we could effectively never finish it. These things include, but are not limited to:

Controlling most other brands of modules
Controlling multiple modules and de-fueling them, yes both of them
Turbo timers
Data Logging
Screen Graphics, including, but not limited to analog type gauges on screen, bar graphs, custom fonts, adjustable fonts, and the ability to turn accessories on and off based on monitored parameters, not all of these things will happen, but they are being worked on.
Additional parameters being monitored

All these things will be available to download if and when they get finished, and no I do not plan on it taking very long. I plan on having a lot of updates whether it is for additional function, or just fluffy things that are fun to play with. If the additional feature requires hardware you will need to purchase it before it works, and I am not sure what those things are at this time. When we release the gauge we will also have a list of accessories and at least an expected price on any future upgrades that we think will be available so you know what you are getting into.

It is a little hard to pin down the release date. There is so many things to test and get right that the release date can swing a couple weeks either way at any given time. Also remember this gauge will work on 98-00 24v's, 01-02 24v's, 03-04 CR's, 05-06 Cr's, 94-97 7.3L, 99-03 7.3L, 03-06 6L, 01-04 6.6L, 04.5-05 6.6L, and 06 6.6L. That is a lot of testing.

What exactly are we testing? First our egt will not be bouncy, it is very readable, not like most digital gauges. Our boost is not bouncy, and it is accurate. You have to make sure the menus are easy to navigate and that they make sense. You can make the thing a maze if you are not careful. You have to make sure the buttons are done properly and they only do things if you mean to hit them. You can't make them too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Then you have wiring, custom cables, instructions etc. It is just a long process.

Believe me I wished I could get it out more than anyone, it just takes time to get it all right so it is easy to use and install. It will be the highest quality, easiest to use digital gauge package available.

Also while I mentioned a retail price, remember that we ALWAYS take special care of our existing customers. Yes there will be packaged pricing available so that it you get a discount when you buy the module and monitor together. Yes we know that was not available when the existing Xzillaraider customers bought there modules, you will be taken care of.

I think that covers it. If I missed something or there is something else I am overlooking please let me know. I will answer you questions.

Quad
Old 12-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the update. Your customer loyalty ranks very high in my book. You have kept us reasonably informed considering that you are in a very competitive market and could very well be giving the next guy a leg up or idea for a competing product.
I have helped install a couple of your boxes and they have performed as advertised, if not better. So I will patiently wait for the quad gauge.. Can you let us in on what you are going to call it?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:48 AM

I may have missed it, but will this have gps/nav capabilities?
Old 12-10-2005, 03:07 PM

No GPS or Nav options. Don't really plan to ever do that at this point.

Yes others could steal ideas and do some of the things that we are doing, but as long as they are taking my ideas then they will be a step behind. It is competitive to an extent, but I don't worry too much about it at night. We do what we can do, the best we can do it and let everyone else worry about themselves.

As I get updates I will let you know.

Here is a link to a few more pictures:
http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...itor-1205.html

We have actual screen shots in vehicles, but we don't have them up yet.

The official product name has not been 100% decided. What should we call it?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:17 PM

Quadzilla

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Here is a picture of the latest version next to an Attitude monitor just for size comparison.

I have more I will get them up tomorrow

Quad, I better get a demo unit!
Now that Sid, I know we have way too Manny trucks lined up not to get first crack at this new truck accessary. Quad
Old 12-17-2005, 04:43 PM

A couple of names...

QZ HyperView

QZ Power Minder

QZ Extreme Vision

QZ Extreme View

QZ Power View
Old 12-19-2005, 10:24 AM

Followed by Xzillavision or Quad Pack (Hmmmm, Packzilla???!!! )
Old 12-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Liberated Zillerated view is the Name popwer is my fame

The New name has to be ,Zallerated view http://www.quadzillapower.com/produ...nitor-1205.html