3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

NEW From Quadzilla "The Ultimate Controller" Coming Soon to the DTR Performance Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by thejeepdude
Nice to be ignored... does it even WORK with the XZT?
You are not being ignored, Quad will answer you when he get's back from his short vacation.

"I can tell you that your answer to the question will it work with the XZT" is YES.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how will it work with a cb in the truck very important question for me since you know the trouble i had in the beginng
Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I don't think the monitor will be affected by your CB, only the box would be and you fixed that with those RF filters
Old 08-02-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Down Timer?

I saw that it has a "Turbo Timer" is this a built in cool down timer?

Thanks,
Old 08-03-2005, 02:00 PM

Will it have another way to read boost other than the OEM Map sensor...since it appears that both the 100 and 140 hp settings will exceed 40 psi on a stock turbo (effectively driving blind above 40 psi)? That would make the gauge more appealing to those that have plenty of fuel.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Hey Quad-----I work down the street---have used your stuff on my Chevy's in the past but did the flash myself. Can you guys do the install or do I need to get Mike's Off Road to do it??
Old 08-03-2005, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by cquestad
Will it have another way to read boost other than the OEM Map sensor...since it appears that both the 100 and 140 hp settings will exceed 40 psi on a stock turbo (effectively driving blind above 40 psi)? That would make the gauge more appealing to those that have plenty of fuel.
The factory MAP sensor will read more than 40psi.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Boss Hoss 540
Hey Quad-----I work down the street---have used your stuff on my Chevy's in the past but did the flash myself. Can you guys do the install or do I need to get Mike's Off Road to do it??
That would all depend on our schedule at the time you wanted to come by. Normally as a general rule we do not do any installs, but we try to help out as much as possible. I would call or come by when they are released.

They will be on display in Houston this weekend and at Will Rogers Aug. 19-21.

Quad
Old 08-03-2005, 02:40 PM

Is this system going to have a built-in cool-down timer?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:46 PM

"Nice to be ignored... does it even WORK with the XZT?"

I did not mean to ignore you. I have been in S. America. Actually the monitor will woirk with the XZT, but you will be required to purchase a new wiring harness. We will have a package that will be available to all XZT customers so that it is not much more than just the gauge. The idea behind the XZT was a no frills package that was not supposed to be upgradable so we can keep cost down and pass it on to the consumer. It looks like we need to make them work so that is what we are doing.

"I saw that it has a "Turbo Timer" is this a built in cool down timer?"

The TT would be an add on and will not be available for a little while. THe monitor has expansion ports built in so that we have a lot of room to grow with options.

"Quad; If this is still in beta, how about adding a function to increase engine rpms to 1000, similar to the warm up high idle. That way, us with the auto's could hit a combo of buttons and pick the idle up to cool off a turbo or tranny."

We have played with the high idle and we are still unsure if we will do it or not as an option. If it would be popular enough there is room for plenty of expansion and you may see it. We will probably do some sort of poll to determine what all add ons we will build.

"Hey Top, (or Quad) how does the mount attach to the monitor? Screw in, tape, snap in? Any idea............."

The actual attachment is a slide and latch that is easily used. There is also a disk on the back that will allow you to rotate the gauge left and right so you can level it with your dash. THis is held on with 2 screws that you will loosen to adjust then slide the gauge on the mount and let it snap in.

Hope that helps.

Quad
Old 08-03-2005, 04:22 PM

where in Houston will they be viewable ???????????????????????????
Old 08-03-2005, 04:33 PM

Quad...do you know how high and how accurate at the upper readings the factory MAP is?

I have seen readings higher than 40 on a Juice w/ Attitude and did not know what to make of them.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:57 AM

Will the fuel pressure monitoring be available at first? I wanted boost, EGT and fuel pressure

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 AM

"where in Houston will they be viewable ???????????????????????????"

At the Convention Center. It is a hunting show. PM me if you need to know where we will be.

"Quad...do you know how high and how accurate at the upper readings the factory MAP is?

I have seen readings higher than 40 on a Juice w/ Attitude and did not know what to make of them."

Typically what happens is the software used for the chip is not written for the higher values. We have been testing to 45psi now, but I believe up to 50psi is close to the limit. The Map sensor will read the full 5v, but I am not sure what the + or - specs on that sensor is. Also something to note is that I am not sure how accurate tapping the intake elbow is either. It seems on the newer trucks the gauges flutter fairly bad. If you are going to be running 45+psi and really need the boost psi info then this is probably not for you.

"Will the fuel pressure monitoring be available at first? I wanted boost, EGT and fuel pressure"

Yes the fuel pressure should be available from the beginning. It will cost a little more and I do not know what that number is. We will keep it as reasonable as possible and it would definately be cheaper than buying a conventional gauge. The cost of the sender and the adapter hardware is the reason we do not include it with all of them.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:42 PM

These available yet? How would I order one? Does it have a pillar mount like an edge attitude?

Quick Reply: NEW From Quadzilla "The Ultimate Controller" Coming Soon to the DTR Performance Shop!