3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

NEW From Quadzilla "The Ultimate Controller" Coming Soon to the DTR Performance Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
NEW From Quadzilla "The Ultimate Controller" Coming Soon to the DTR Performance Shop!

Looks like Quad has done it again! He finally gave me permission to tell you about his latest secret project. He has designed a new controller/monitor that works with his Xzillaraider series boxes (and others) with all the gauges you are ever going to need!

Here is a quick rundown of his new creation, it will be available right here soon!

Remember, you saw it first on DTR!
-----------------------------------------------------------

(Artist rendition, real photo available soon)

Retail around $399.00

Controller Features:

Stand Alone Operation

Will work on 95-06 Powerstrokes, 98-06 Cummins, 01-06 Duramax’s

Reads EGT, Boost, and Trans Temp with the option to read Fuel pressure (fuel pressure is an add on)

Analog LED Bar graph that is user definable green (9), yellow(4), red(3) (user definable for any reading and definable as to the color vs. temperature)

Graphic VFD, Vacuum Fluorescent Display

Won’t distort in Bright Light, Heat, or Cold Weather

2 Color Programmable warning lights

Photo sensor that will automatically dim or brighten display and LED bar graph based on light conditions

8 adjustable brightness settings on the display

Multiple user selectable warning screens to be displayed at user definable minimum or maximum readings

Displays 3 readings at once, plus power level

Multiple Display options including a variety of ways to display any 2 readings, or any single reading in a large format.

Recalls highest or lowest value of all readings, ex. Fuel pressure would be lowest number, EGT would be highest number

Built in multiple expansion ports

Simple installation, no wiring required, must tap exhaust manifold.

Controls Xzillaraider Modules and displays Power Levels

De-fuels based on any user defined max or min reading automatically and returns back to the power you set it on

Can be customized to de-fuel using and, or, <, >, = to, and can include any 2 readings

Controls most switchable Power Modules or Chips available ( may require adapter cable assembly) including, but not limited to:
Edge, Van Aaken, Bullydog, TS Performance, and BD Power
Also controls most 3, 4 & 6 position 7.3L chips.

De-fuels any of switchable module or chip based on user defined minimum or maximum readings and returns back to the power level you set it on

Displays power levels or % of power depending on the module.

Controls Multiple Power Modules Simultaneously.
Currently set up for 2, but 3 will be an option. Shows power level on both modules.
Adjust both modules on the fly.

De-fuels Multiple Modules based on user selectable options:
primary first, then secondary
Simultaneously
Alternating (ex. Primary then secondary, then primary, then secondary.)

Included base can be mounted in 2 1/16” gauge pod or configured to stand alone to be mounted in the location of your choice. Base rotates vertically and horizontally to match your mounting location.

Custom designed and molded enclosure with elastomer buttons (similar to a remote control) Backlit buttons

Competitively Priced.

Add-ons: May not be available upon initial release.

Fuel Pressure Sender and Harness

Real Time Data Monitoring

Read DTC codes and Erase DTC Codes

Turbo Timer

Gauge does have a maximum number of expansion ports so you cannot add every add-on and multiple modules at the same time, but there should be enough room to make everyone happy.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope it's out sooon, and totally bitchin.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:02 PM

If it is able to do real time data monitoring then I assume you are reading the data port on the ECM. Will you be able to display RPM? If so, would you be able to provide an RPM loop for dynoing purposes? Is the data fast enough or is it the same stream as the OBD2 port? Currently getting an RPM reading while dynoing is a huge PITA for any diesel. I would think a great option would be to produce RPM out to a loop from your monitor that an inductive P/U could get around. Just a thought.

Looks cool and I think it will sell very well.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:57 PM

wow, very nice. any idea as to when its gonna be available? I was thinkin about ordering a Hot Juice/Attitude next week but if this is coming soon I might just wait.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:39 PM

Around 8 weeks to ship.

The RPM will not be usable for the dyno. I know its a pain, but that is just part of the dyno. The real time data we use will be off of the serial bus like a scanner.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:39 PM

Will it work with the BDDL, as for adjusting power levels
Old 07-27-2005, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by Bradleysram
Will it work with the BDDL, as for adjusting power levels
No it will not.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:03 PM

what about the Edje Juice? would it work like the attitude letting you change power levels on the fly?

I really like the Attitude but I dont like the fact that it doesnt have an actual tranny temp gauge or that the trans slip wont work if you recalibrate for larger tires.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by quantrill88
what about the Edje Juice? would it work like the attitude letting you change power levels on the fly?
Looks like it will

"Controls most switchable Power Modules or Chips available ( may require adapter cable assembly) including, but not limited to:
Edge, Van Aaken, Bullydog, TS Performance, and BD Power
Also controls most 3, 4 & 6 position 7.3L chips."
Old 07-27-2005, 09:34 PM

It will work with the Juice, BUT the first version will only give you the 3 levels that come with either the regular Juice or regular Hot Juice. There will be an update so that we give you the extra 2 levels. It should be out not too long after the gauge hits, but it will require an adapter piece to make it work with all 5 levels. The normal Juice Modules without attitude only give you 3 levels btw.

Quad
Old 07-27-2005, 10:54 PM

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:22 AM

any idea how much extra we're talking for the fuel pressure monitoring? Id like to be able to read boost, egt, trans and fuel pressure, and unless Im reading it wrong, I COULD effectively do that?

EDIT: Another thing, it says no wiring required, so I assume its plug and play. Will this moitor work on a stock truck, then continue to work the same way when a box is added?

Scott
Old 07-28-2005, 12:41 AM

Right now it is setup to be able to read trans or fp. We are working on an option to do both, but I would rather understate what we will be able to do. The main problem is room to display all of the data.

Yes it works on a stock truck. You can add a module at anytime, but then the contoller will also control the box. It will not defuel a stock truck obviously. You can't go less than stock.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:29 AM

Can you specify the dimensions of the unit (it looks pretty big)? Will it have a surface mount option?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 AM

It is about 4" wide and 2 3/4" tall. It is a little bigger than teh attitude but not much. It has to be a little bigger as it works as a stand alone unit.

The mount it comes with can be configured to be used in a gauge pod or mounted almost anywhere else. The base has an arm that you can move horizontally and vertically.

I will try and get some picture shortly so you can see the base.

Quad

Quick Reply: NEW From Quadzilla "The Ultimate Controller" Coming Soon to the DTR Performance Shop!