3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New projector headlights are on

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by realsquash
What type of bulbs do these normally take and what are you using?

Thanks,
Andy
Mine came with standard H-1 bulbs. 55W. Thats what I am still using.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOW are they adjustable? Sounds like a pain. I know the headlights in my mb just have two dials, one for right/left and one for up/down adjustment...pull up on level ground to a brick wall - baddaboombadddabing! How do these work?

PS they look pretty cool. I little ricey, but cool.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lightman
HOW are they adjustable? Sounds like a pain. I know the headlights in my mb just have two dials, one for right/left and one for up/down adjustment...pull up on level ground to a brick wall - baddaboombadddabing! How do these work?

PS they look pretty cool. I little ricey, but cool.
Unfortunatly, they are EVEN CLOSE to being that easy. You have to remove the headlight assy, then behind the low beam there are 2 screws on the bottom of the back of the reflector assy. one on the lower left, one on the lower right. The reflector pivots on a swivel mount on the top middle. So you adjust both top/bottom and side to side with these two screws. Sort of a pain, but not too bad. The high beam reflector has the same thing, except there is a screw in each of the three positions.
So what I did was made adjustments, pushed the headlight assy. into place and checked the alignment. If it needed more, pop it loose, turn the screws and check again. Took me maybe 15 minutes for the whole thing.
Once your satisfied, install the three mounting bolts and your done.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 AM

JC-Can you tell us which seller you got these from?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by BEHRMAN
JC-Can you tell us which seller you got these from?
I got then from AutoDynasty. They had better feedback, and have dealt with my complaint thus very good. One of the Halos lights doesnt work on the passenger side, so I am sending them back for exchange. He has been great to work with so far, and the shipping, although very expensive, was fast and well packaged.
Here is a link to one of their auctions.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C-02-...4427QQtcZphoto
They also have them in black.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM

Jc9995,

Were you finally able to get them aligned well?

When you say you have to splice the halo lights into your parking lights, does that mean that you can leave them disconnected if you wanted? I don't seem to hot on the idea of trying to make my truck look like a BMW.

Finally, did the manufacturer/seller say it would be ok to run HID lamps in the low beam fixture?

Sorry for all the questions, these have peaked my interest but i'm an overly careful shopper.

Mike
Old 10-28-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bluedeviltorque
Jc9995,

Were you finally able to get them aligned well?

When you say you have to splice the halo lights into your parking lights, does that mean that you can leave them disconnected if you wanted? I don't seem to hot on the idea of trying to make my truck look like a BMW.

Finally, did the manufacturer/seller say it would be ok to run HID lamps in the low beam fixture?

Sorry for all the questions, these have peaked my interest but i'm an overly careful shopper.

Mike
I did get them aligned. Although I pulled them out to ship them back for exchange before I got some pics of the aligned light output.
I have not asked the seller about HID bulbs, but I dont see why it would be a problem. HID runs much cooler than halogen, so heat isnt an issue.
The halo lights have seperate wires coming out of the back of the fixture, so you can opt to not hook them up.
I am careful too, and even went as far as contacting previous eBay buyers of these headlights, but never did get a response, so I am more than happy to share what little knowledge I have in this puny brain of mine. (my wifes words not mine).
Old 10-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't run real HID bulbs without the appropriate ballast. You can run hid look-alikes like sylvania silverstars etc I'm guessing without a problem...
Old 10-28-2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lightman
You can't run real HID bulbs without the appropriate ballast. You can run hid look-alikes like sylvania silverstars etc I'm guessing without a problem...
The HID's I speak of come with ballasts. They are true HID.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-P...spagenameZWD1V
Old 10-29-2005, 12:37 AM

Yea, I was refering to the real HID's that come with the ballast kit.

Mike
Old 10-29-2005, 09:06 PM

Does the seller of the light kits also sell the HID/Ballast kits? If I could get the whole package from 1 source, I'd feel more comfortable with the compatibility of pieces. They do look good, wouldn't mind seeing a set with the black background.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jc9995
1. Fit and finish leave some to be desired, but is not too bad. Just larger gaps than I would have liked.
I took a look at your pics and it was hard to see what you mean. Is there a gap at the back or is that simply the black rubber gasket? If its at the bottom you are talking about its pretty easy to close up that gap buy moving the bumper higher.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Matt400
I took a look at your pics and it was hard to see what you mean. Is there a gap at the back or is that simply the black rubber gasket? If its at the bottom you are talking about its pretty easy to close up that gap buy moving the bumper higher.
a bigger gap along the back. Its the seam next to the "C" cumiins logo. Not too bad, but much bigger than stock.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:51 PM

projector

I have a 2006 2500, do they have a set for my truck
Old 01-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Banned

Can you post some daytime pics. I just may but your extra set....

Quick Reply: New projector headlights are on